Published on March 22nd, 2018 | by William Charles37
[AZ only] VantageWest Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in Pima, Pinal, Cochise, or Maricopa Counties, Gila River Indian Community Reservation, Arizona’s “Copper Basin” Area
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: One debit card transaction
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: $2,000
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2018
- VantageWest Credit Union is offering a bonus of 20,000 points (worth $200 when you open a new Rewards Checking or Rewards Plus Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Setup Direct Deposit on your account (minimum $500).
- Have at least one debit transaction within 60 days
The Fine Print
- The account must be opened between 03/01/2018 – 06/30/2018 and remain open for at least six months.
- If it is closed within 6 months of the open date you may be responsible for reimbursement of any bonus awarded.
- Offer valid for new Rewards and Rewards Plus checking accounts only.
- Members with an existing Rewards or Rewards Plus checking account are not eligible for the bonus.
- Direct deposit must be from source other than income tax return.
- Minimum opening deposit of $20.00 for Rewards checking and $100.00 for Rewards Plus Checking.
- The 20,000 points will be credited to your account within 30 days of the date the last requirement is met.
- See Vantage West Rewards Terms and Conditions for details and restrictions of the program
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for six months, otherwise bonus will be deducted.
This is the easiest account to keep fee free. It has a $5 monthly fee. This is waived if you do any of the following:
- Have an average daily balance of $1000 or more
- Complete 10 or more credit and/or debit card transactions in a month
- If you have a first mortgage loan with Vantage West
You might be familiar with this credit union as they also offer a credit card with 5% categories. Overall this seems like it’s worth doing if it’s a soft pull given the $2,000 in credit card funding and how easy this bonus is. It’s also nice that you should be able to pair this with getting the credit card as well.
Big thanks to reader, Spartan24 who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times