Deal has now expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 11/8/19: Sites with affiliate links are reporting that this deal will end on December 18th, 2019.
- Receive up to 65,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles when you sign up for the Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard® credit card from Bank of America. Sign up bonus is broken down as follows:
- 60,000 miles after $2,000 in spend within the first three months
- 2,500 miles when you add an authorized user (up to a maximum of two, or a total of 5,000 miles)
- There is also an anniversary bonus of 15,000 miles that has a spending requirement as well:
- 7,500 miles if you spend $15,000 within the previous year
- An additional 7,500 miles if you spend $25,000 within the previous year
The Fine Print
- Annual fee of $90 is not waived
- Earns 3x miles on all Virgin Atlantic purchases that are made directly
- Earns 1.5x on all other purchases
- Companion ticket when you spend $25,000 annually
The normal increased offer is 75,000 miles, but requires $12,000 in spend. This is 10,000 less miles, but requires $10,000 less spend (keep in mind if you spent that $10,000 you’d also earn 15,000 miles from the $10,000 in spend as well). I think this offer is actually better for a lot of people due to the much lower minimum spend requirement, although most people don’t find Virgin Atlantic miles to be the most valuable. Keep in mind that getting approved for Bank of America cards can be difficult and they might have other card offers you might be more interested in, for example:
- Bank of America Premium Rewards 50,000 Points + $100 Travel Credit
- Bank of America Alaska 40,000 Miles + $100
- Bank of America Amtrak Credit Card 40,000 Points + $100
- Bank of America Spirit Airlines – 30,000 Miles + $100
As always if you have any questions about Bank of America credit cards, I’d recommend reading this post first.
Hat tip to m16p