Published on September 23rd, 2017 | by William Charles1
[CA, In Branch Palos Verdes Peninsula] Kinecta $100 Checking Bonus
This bonus has expired, click here to view the best current checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: In branch [ 46B Peninsula Center, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown (none in branch)
- Monthly fees: Avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $5, 90 days
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date: November 30th, 2017
- Kinecta is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a classic checking or Checking Plus account at their Palos Verdes Peninsula location and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a direct deposit
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for the $100.00 checking bonus offer, you must open a Classic Checking or Checking Plus account with Direct Deposit at Kinecta’s Palos Verdes Peninsula Member Service Center between 9/12/2017 and 11/30/2017.
- The $100.00 will be deposited into your Kinecta Share Savings account approximately 45 days after 11/30/2017.
- All offers are subject to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) reporting.
- Kinecta reserves the right to modify or cancel the offers at any time. For tax reporting purposes, you will receive a Form 1099-INT from us on your bonus.
- See credit union for details.
- Your account must be in good standing and be enrolled in Direct Deposit at the time the deposit is made.
- Not redeemable for cash. Limit one checking offer per applicant.
- Not valid with any other checking account offer or promotion.
- Coupon must be submitted at the time of checking account opening.
- This checking offer is not applicable to members who have an existing Classic Checking and/or Checking Plus account(s).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Classic checking account has no monthly fee as long as you do one of the following:
- $1,500 average monthly balance
- 10 or more debit card purchases per month posted to account,
- an active Kinecta credit card in good standing
- an auto or mortgage loan in good standing,
- the primary owner is either under age 18 or is age 62 and up
There also seems to be a $5 early account termination fee if the account is closed within 90 days according to this fee schedule. Not sure what the monthly fee is if it isn’t waived.
Not the most attractive bonus given it’s in branch and requires a direct deposit, you can see much better bonuses by clicking here. Might still be worth considering for some people.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications