Update 7/17/21: Deal has been extended through 8/31/21.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 + $50 restaurant gift card
- Availability: CA Tehachapi branch only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $150 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
June 30, 2021. Extended through 10/31/2021
- Valley Strong Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements.
- $100 when you:
- Open a new checking account (minimum opening deposit of $25). (Must not currently have a Valley Strong checking).
- Direct Deposit into your Valley Strong account OR an average of 12 credit and/or debit transactions per month for 90 days.
- A Valley Strong Debit Card.
- New account(s) must be open and in good standing for 90 calendar days.
- Payout will be made automatically to qualifying account by direct deposit on, or around the 91st day after new account has been opened.
- Taxes due are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Valley Strong Credit Union will report to the state and federal agencies as required by applicable law.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
- $50 Tehachapi restaurant gift card:
- Open a new checking account (minimum opening deposit of $25). (Must not currently have a Valley Strong checking.)
- If your account is opened online, a Team Member from our Tehachapi Branch will call to coordinate the pick up or mailing of your gift card of choice.
- $100 when you:
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any EATF.
Should be able to ask if it’s a hard or soft pull before opening the account. Won’t add it to the best bank bonuses for now.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times