Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: $300 in debit card transactions within 90 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft (overdraft protection no longer being offered)
- ChexSystems: Mixed. EWS sensitive according to the comments
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
October 20, 2020January 26, 2021
- Capital One is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new 360 checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code BANK100
- Spend at least $300 with debit card within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Open a 360 Checking account between 12:00 a.m. ET on August 24, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET on October 20, 2020. When you open your account, enter your promotional code – CHECK100. If you have or had an open 360 Checking account as a primary or secondary account holder with Capital One on or after January 1, 2018, you’re ineligible for the bonus. This account is subject to approval.
- After you open your account, over the next 90 days, you must spend at least $300 with your Capital One 360 Checking debit card (spend period). During the 90-day spend period, only in-person and online transactions with your debit card will qualify as spend. ATM transactions, Zelle® transactions or bill payments (ACH) will not qualify. Some transactions may post later than the date of purchase. For bonus eligibility – transactions must be made and posted within the 90-day spend period.
- Bonus will post to your new 360 Checking account within 60 days after your 90-day spend period ends.
This offer cannot be combined with any other 360 Checking account opening offers.
- Only one promotional code is accepted. Bonus is only valid for one new 360 Checking account.
- If your account is in default, closed or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee
We frequently see Capital One Money Market bonuses for up to $500. There used to be more frequent checking bonuses, but as far as I remember we haven’t seen one of those in some time (I might be very wrong about this). It looks like you can do this bonus as long as you haven’t had 360 Checking account as of January 1, 2018.
The requirements themselves are easy to meet, so we will add this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to dankirk0
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times