Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits totaling $1,000+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft (overdraft protection no longer being offered)
- ChexSystems: Mixed. EWS sensitive according to the comments
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: January 26, 2021
- Capital One is offering a checking bonus of up to $400 when you open a new checking account with promo code BONUS400 (make sure this is added as it’s not automatically applying for everybody). To receive bonus you must two or more direct deposits totaling $1,000+ within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Here’s the full scoop on how to earn your $400 bonus:
- Open a 360 Checking account between 12:00 a.m. ET on November 9, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET on January 26, 2021. When you open your account, enter your promotional code—BONUS400.
- Receive at least 2 direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more to your 360 Checking account within 60 days of account opening. A qualifying direct deposit is an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer or an outside institution.
- This account is subject to approval. This offer cannot be combined with any other 360 Checking account opening offers. Only one promotional code is accepted. Bonus is only valid for one new 360 Checking account.
- If you have or had an open 360 Checking account as a primary or secondary account holder with Capital One on or after January 1, 2018, you will be ineligible for the bonus. If your account is in default, closed or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing, you will not receive the bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee
There was just a $250 bonus released, but that didn’t require a direct deposit. Bit annoying for people that already signed up for that deal or even the previous $100 offer if they can easily do a direct deposit (or use one of the methods that has worked before). Obviously a great bonus and one we will be adding to the best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to reader Kasey C
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times