Published on October 9th, 2019 | by William Charles316
CardMatch/AmEx Pre-Qual Offering Some People 100,000 Points On American Express Platinum
Update 10/9/19: More people have been targeted
Update 9/9/19: More people targeted.
Update 8/24/19: More people targeted. Hat tip to MtM
Update 7/12/19: More people targeted
Update 6/29/19: Deal is available for more people, seems to be mainly showing through AmEx pre-qual.
Update 6/16/19: It’s showing for more people, according to two Reddit reports.
Update 5/26/19: More people targeted
Update 4/28/19: According to MtM more people are now targeted.
Update 4/3/19: Another round of targeted offers has gone out.
Update 3/18/19: Another round has gone out.
Update 2/23/19: Another round of people has been targeted, goodluck!
- Reader @djmomgenes received and offer of 100,000 points after $5,000 in spend within the first three months on the American Express personal Platinum card when checking CardMatch for pre-approved offers. Also make sure you’re choosing view ‘All Matches’ not just pre-qualified offers, you’ll see this option in the left sidebar (Categories > Pre-qualified/CardMatch Special Offers/All Matches)
- Annual fee of $550 is not waived the first year
- Authorized Platinum cards are $175 for three user (then $175 per Platinum)
- Authorized Gold cards are free
- Full details here
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5x points per $1 spent on hotel bookings made directly from the American Express travel website
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month and additional $20 in December)
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- Internet Access:
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- SPG gold status (this will also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- No foreign transaction fees
- SoulCycle benefits
- View these other hidden benefits
- Once per lifetime language is included in this offer, meaning you’re not eligible if you’ve had the card/bonus before
It’s always a good idea to regularly check for pre-approved offers as often they have higher than normal bonuses such as this. Obviously no guarantee you’ll see this offer, in fact I imagine most people won’t. If this doesn’t work, you can also try getting the offer another way. 100,000 points after $5,000 in spend is usually as good as the offers get on the personal Platinum card, although they sometimes have targeted offers for 150,000 points after $10,000 in spend but those are quite rare. Keep in mind this does have a big annual fee of $550, but you do get the Uber and airline credits as well as good lounge access. As always read through these things everybody should know about American Express cards first. It might also make sure to check American Express directly for pre-approved offers.
- Update 1/12/19: Another round of people being targeted. Reminder that it’s worth checking American Express for pre-qualified offers directly as well.
- Update 11/18: Another round targeted
- Update 10/04/18: New round of people targeted
- Update 8/31/2018: Another round of people have been targeted.
- Update 07/11/2018: Reposting as we’ve now had another 4-5 reports of people seeing this offer when they weren’t previously targeted.
- Update 05/27/2018: Reposting again as new round of people are seeing the offer.
- Update 04/09/2018: Reposting as as a new load of people have been again targeted. It’s worth checking American Express for pre-qualified offers directly as well.
- We originally posted this on November 7th, 2017, reposting again on December 1st, 2017. Reposted again on February 17th for same reason. It seems that some people that weren’t originally targeted are now being offered this 100,000 points offer, so it might be worth rechecking if you tried it before. Goodluck