Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $25 ($50?)
- Availability: Nationwide to all Chase checking customers
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: September 2, 2021
- Get $25 when you open a new Chase First Banking account. It’s a debit card for kids ages 6-17 with no monthly service fee.
The Fine Print
- For parents/guardians interested in teaching their child how to manage money using a debit card with the child’s name on it. The parent/guardian is the owner of this account and must have an online profile and one of these other checking accounts at account opening: a Chase Secure CheckingSM, Chase Total Checking®, Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM, Chase SapphireSM Checking, Chase Better Banking® Checking, Chase Premier CheckingSM, Chase CheckingSM or a Chase Private Client CheckingSM account. Benefits offered to these checking accounts do not apply to Chase First Checking accounts. Only the parent/guardian who opened the account can fund, view or manage this account. You can open a Chase First Checking account for your child who is 6-17 years old.
- Offer valid until 09/02/2021.
- To receive the bonus: Open a new Chase First Checking account, which is subject to approval. We’ll deposit the bonus into your new Chase First Checking account within 15 days of account opening.
- Limit 2 Chase First Checking related bonuses per customer.
- To receive this bonus, the account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
There is no Monthly Service Fee for Chase First Checking.
We wrote about Chase First Banking before, and they’ve now added a $25 bonus as well. The fine print indicates that you can get two Chase First Checking bonuses per customer which might mean you can add two kids and get $25 each for a total of $50. Worth clicking through separately each time if you try.
We don’t usually post small bonuses, but this one is being sent out widely and is a no-requirements bonus which some will find worthwhile.