- Chase is offering the following sign up bonus on the IHG card:
- 80,000 points after $1,000 in purchases within the first three months
- 5,000 points when you add an authorized user and make your first purchase in the first three months of account opening
- Annual fee of $49 is waived the first year
- Annual fee of $49, waived first year
- Free night certificate on your card member anniversary, can be used at any IHG property
- 10% rebate on all points that are redeemed (maximum of 100,000 per year)
- Platinum Elite status for as long as you’re a card member
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points at IHG properties
- 2x points at gas stations, grocery stores & restaurants
- 1x points on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- This card is not subject to the Chase 5/24 rule
This offer has been available for some time but it required matching, it’s nice to be able to apply for the bonus directly. There is also a 100,000 point offer available only to targeted accounts that you could try apply for (note the offer shows for everybody but when you click apply it won’t work for most people) or to get matched to, (this offer requires $2,000 spend instead of $1,000). The nice thing about this card is that it’s not subjected to the Chase 5/24 rule (although getting the card will stay count towards your total number of cards). The free night certificate that can be used on any property for $49 per year is also fantastic value.
Points are at their most valuable when you redeem them for properties on the PointsBreak list (all these hotels cost 5,000 per night), the downside to that is the quality of properties is usually low and the better ones book up quickly. I still think this is a card worth applying for and the same offer that required matching has been on our best credit card list for some time. As always before applying for this card or asking basic questions in the comments make sure you read these things everybody should know about Chase credit cards.