Published on July 19th, 2018 | by Chuck23
Chase Priority Tour Promoting New Southwest Priority Credit Card will Visit 10 Cities with over $200,000 in Prizes
Chase and Southwest launched today their new Priority credit card with a $75 travel credit, 7,500 annual points bonus, 65,000 points signup bonus, and $149 annual fee.
Promoting the new card, there’s a Priority Tour planned from July 21 through August 18 hitting 10 major US cities (list below) and giving out prizes at each location as well.
Prizes for each city:
- 1 person will win round trip travel for two ($800 value)
- 44 people will will 10,000 Southwest RR points ($135 value)
- 9 people will win a Bose Micro Bluetooth Speaker ($132 value)
- 18 people will win an Echo Dot ($72 value)
- 18 people will win an Instax Camera ($96 value)
- Two more prizes (45 winners total) for a $60 gift card to a specific restaurant in the area
- Three more prizes (45 winners total) for concert or gaming event tickets in the area (e.g. Beyonce, Hamilton, baseball game, etc)
Here is the list of cities on the tour:
- Dallas on July 21 4 – 8:30 p.m. at Globe Life Park
- Houston on July 27 3 – 9 p.m. at Discovery Green Park
- Los Angeles on July 28 4 – 9 p.m. at Eagle Rock Rec Park
- Los Angeles on July 29 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Smorgasburg LA
- Phoenix TBD
- Oakland on August 3 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Oakland City Hall
- Oakland on August 3 5 – 9 p.m. at Oakland First Friday
- San Jose on August 4 2 – 8 p.m. at San Pedro Square Market
- San Jose on August 5 5 – 10 p.m. at Santana Row
- Denver on August 9 3 – 9 p.m. at Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Baltimore on August 10 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. at Inner Harbor
- Chicago on August 14 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. at Magnificent Mile
- San Diego on August 18 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Little Italy
You have to register at the above link to be eligible for prizes. I assume anyone can just show up at the event if that interests them, but only select people will be eligible to win prizes. If I’m reading correctly, the way the prize giveaway will work is as follows:
- Register for the game (I think this part will be done online) and 25% of registrants will be selected to be Swipe Players.
- Swipe Players will come to the tour location and swipe a game card which will be given to them there; I believe each person chooses one prize they want to try for, but not positive about this.
- Odds of winning can be found on the PDF – ranges from around .5% to around 25%, depending on the prize.
Another thing noted on the tour promotional page is that the signup bonus for the new Southwest Priority card will last through August 22, 2018. We’ve added that information to the original post.
Hat tip to readers JB and Matthew