Update 7/16/23: This offer expired a while back, and Reddit user bayareathrower now found a working link. Direct Link Let us know if it works for you. https://secure06ea.chase.com/web/oao/application/card?sourceCode=GQBB#/
Update 5/18/23: Chase affiliates were told that this offer will end on May 25, 2023 at 9am ET.
Update 5/12/23: Chase affiliates were told the 80k offer is ending soon
Update 4/20/23: Offer is now publicly available on the Chase website. (That should make it easier to get a match if you recently signed up at a lower offer.) Please don’t use the public link and instead use a reader’s referral link.
No direct link, only available via referral link which can be found here Do not leave your referral in the comments below.
- Signup for the Chase Sapphire Preferred via referral link and get 80,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months.
- $95 annual fee, not waived
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- $50 Annual Hotel Credit. (This is per cardmember year, rather than calendar year. Must be booked through the Chase Travel Portal.)
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x on travel booked through the Chase Travel portal.
- 3x on Dining/Streaming Services/online grocery (excludes: excluding Target, Walmart and
- 2x on travel
- 1x on all other purchases
- 10% Anniversary point bonus. When you renew your card Chase will offer a 10% bonus spend. For example if you spend $25,000 you’d earn 2,500 bonus points. This is award after the annual fee is paid. This doesn’t apply to the sign up bonus.
- Transferable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 48 months (standard is now 48 months)
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
This referral offer is better than the public online offer of 60,000 points. You can get 90,000 points for signing up in branch currently, though that offer does require an extra $2,000 in spend ($6,000 total spend). Some people in 2-player mode will prefer the 80,000 offer since the referrer will also get their 15,000 points bonus for a total 95,000 in bonuses. Just keep in mind the tax angle: you might get a 1099 on referrer earnings whereas on a signup bonus you won’t.
We did once see 100,000 points offer, but this new offer is probably as good as is worth holding out for. The old referral links redirect to the 80,000. As far as I know that referrer signup would track; it can’t hurt to just generate a new referral link.
If you recently applied for a lower bonus, you should be able to message them and get a match as they are reportedly matching this bonus.
It’s possible that 80k will become the new public offer soon. Regardless, it only helps someone else to use a referral link and you don’t lose anything. We’ll add this to our List of Best Credit Card Signup Bonus Offers.
If your friend does not have a referral link, please use a reader’s referral link on this page to help out a fellow reader, you’ll make someone very happy. 🙂 Feel free to share your links there as well, though we’ll be closing the comments section there after a short time to keep it manageable.
Do not leave your referral in the comments below.