Update 10/8/21: While the public Sapphire Preferred 100k offer has expired and is now showing 60k, you can still use a referral link for the 100k offer. Unknown expiration. Branch offers are still around as well with waived annual fee.
Update 10/5/21: VFTW notes that Google Ads are now showing Thursday, October 7th as the end-date. Some people were counting the days for eligibility purposes so I thought it worth mentioning. Again, it’s likely there will still be some channels it’ll remain beyond that point as well.
Update 10/4/21: Chase has confirmed with Dansdeals that this offer is ending Wednesday, October 6th. Again, it’s possible referral links or branch offers will still be around afterward.
Update 10/4/21: Based on Google Ad serving, there is some indication that this offer might be pulled in 4 days (I suppose on October 7th), as for some days the ads have been mentioning it ending in 6, then 5, then 4, then 3 days. It’s not clear if it’ll just end up getting extended or this is a real end-date. There’s a good chance of referral links being around longer or the branch offer remaining around. In any case, it could be worth applying now if you are considering it.
Update 7/21/21: Reports indicate that this offer will likely be around at least through August 27th as some email offers are showing that end date. Could obviously be extended beyond that as well.
Update 6/8/21: You can now apply in a Chase branch and get the 100,000 points offer. You’ll also get the $95 annual fee waived for the first year, and you’ll also get a $50 grocery credit. More details on the branch offer in this dedicated post.
- Signup for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and get 100,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months.
- $95 annual fee (not waived first year)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- This card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transferable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 48 months (standard is now 48 months)
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
The previous Sapphire Preferred offer was for 80,000 points on the same $4,000 spend + a $50 grocery credit; that offer has ended and the 100,000 offer (no grocery bonus) is the new offer. Chase will not match earlier signups to the 100,000 bonus, according to Reddit user EosHuffer. Obviously a bummer for those who signed up under the 80,000 points offer since the additional 20,000 points is worth much more than the $50 grocery credit.
The new 100,000 offer is now available online, and will become available in Chase branches later this month on the 17th (unclear if annual fee will be waived on that branch offer). It’s possible that referral links will get the new offer soon as well.
See these 26 Things Everybody Should Know About Chase Credit Cards before applying for a Chase card.