Published on June 7th, 2018 | by Chuck63
[Expired] Chase Savings $225 Online Bonus – Requires $15,000 Deposit For 90 Days
Deal has expired, view the best current savings bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $225
- Availability: Select areas (see data points at the top of this post for more exact locations – probably similar results here)
- Deposit required: $15,000
- Deposit length: 90 days
- APY: 0.01%
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: up to $500 (seems like it’s debit card only now)
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
August 6, 2018 September 27th, 2018 November 20th, 2018January 17th, 2019
- Chase is offering a bonus of $225 when you open a new Chase Savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money within 20 business days of account opening and maintain that balance for 90 days.
The Fine Print
- Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the bonus: 1) Open a new Chase SavingsSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money within 20 business days of account opening; AND 3) Maintain at least a $15,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit.
- The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- You can only receive one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
This account has a $5 monthly fee that isw aived if you do any of the following:
- Maintain a daily balance of at least $300 or more
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your Chase personal checking account
- Are under 18 years of age
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus, Chase Premier Platinum Checking or Chase Private Client checking account.
This deal turns the equivalent of a 6% APY by locking up $15k for 90 days. There are currently three other offers available as well (both expire soon):
- $150 savings bonus with $10,000 deposited for 90 days (in-branch only, turns out to a 6% APY return)
- $200 savings bonus with $15,000 deposited for 90 days (same as the offer posted here, just $25 less, no reason to do that one)
- $300 savings bonus with $25,000 deposited for 90 days (works onlin; turns out to a 4.8% APY return)
If you have an extra $10k on hand, you’ll earn the equivalent of a 3% APY rate on the extra $10k by doing the $300/$25k offer instead of doing the $225/$15k offer – up to you if it’s worth it. You can also do a $300 checking offer as well if you’re interested.
We’ll add this best savings bonuses, alongside the above-mentioned $300 savings offer.
Hat tip to jenncheer on r/churning
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times