Published on August 8th, 2017 | by Chuck265
Chase $500 Checking and Savings Bonus Publicly Available [In-Branch Only]
Bonus is back and available again. Thanks to reader Joe for providing us with the link.
The $500 checking and savings offers from Chase are typically targeted or available for purchase on eBay. There’s now a banner link that’s working to get this offer for anyone. We don’t know how long the link will work. You don’t need to complete the offer right now, but it’s worth getting the coupon now, and then you’ll have until August 7th.
- Maximum bonus amount: $500 ($300 checking & $200 savings)
- Availability: Nationwide (must open account in branch)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum. Click here to view what triggers this bonus.
- Additional requirements: None for checking; $15,000 balance for savings
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Not available when opening in branch
- Monthly fees: $12, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Expiration date:
June 15, 2017 August 7, 2017September 28th, 2017.
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase Total checking account with $25 or more and have a direct deposit post to the account within 60 days
- Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a Chase savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money within 10 business days and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days
Enter your email address at the above link and Chase will instantly send a unique coupon code which can be used at a Chase branch to open the checking for a $300 bonus or the savings for a $200 bonus or both for a $500 bonus total.
The Fine Print
- Valid through 9/28/17.
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers.
- Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Minimum $25 initial deposit on Chase checking.
- You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus per calendar year.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- “Direct deposit must be paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.”
- Bonuses will appear within 10 business days of meeting the requirements.
- Savings bonus needs $15,000 of new money. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
The Chase Savings Account comes with a monthly service fee of $5. Monthly fee is waived with any ONE of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more; one time transfers do not qualify
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account
The Chase Total Checking account comes with a monthly service fee of $10-$12 which is waived if complete any of the following:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in the checking account
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close either account within 6 months of account opening, you will forfeit the bonus.
The $500 checking + savings bonus isn’t usually publicly available, but it certainly comes around every now and then. The coupon links sometimes run out so it’s a good idea to get the coupon now if you’re considering this deal.
Here’s how to go about getting this $500 bonus:
- Bring the coupon to a local Chase branch and open a Savings and Checking account.
- Deposit $25 into the checking and $15,000 into the Savings.
- Get a direct deposit to the Chase checking account. See what has counted for direct deposit in the past here.
- Wait until the Tuesday after completing the requirements for the bonuses to post. (Chase tends to always post the bonus on a Tuesday.) If you don’t receive the bonus, use another direct deposit to try and trigger it.
- Wait 90 days from the date of deposit and transfer over money from savings to checking to bring the balance to $1,500. Then transfer out the remainder of the $15,000 to your regular high-interest savings account, but leave $300 in the Chase savings account. With $1,500 in checking and $300 in savings the account will remain fee-free.
- Wait until 6 months after the opening date.
- Withdraw all funds & close the accounts.
You can also choose to just do the checking bonus or just the savings bonus if you don’t want to do both.
Chase bank bonuses are from the best bank bonus around. There is no minimum on the direct deposit requirement, it’s easy to keep the account fee free, and the bonuses are a nice chunk of change. If you’ve never completed a bank bonus before, this is a good one to start with. We’ll be adding this bonus into our list of Best Bank Bonuses.
Remember to always check your Chase preapproved credit card offers when visiting a Chase branch; you might even get lucky and end up with a Sapphire Reserve preapproval or an INK preapproval.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications