Published on June 11th, 2018 | by Chuck1,404
[Available Nationwide] Chase $500 Checking and Savings Bonus Publicly Available Online
Update 06/11/18: Another working link has been found. YMMV if it works in a state with no branch, see datapoints below and try for yourself. Hat tip to Maximizing Money for the new link. There is a slightly better $225 savings offer available online as well.
Update 05/25/18: Bonus is back, I assume it’ll work in states with no branches again but YMMV. Hat tip to reader @telewatcr
Update 2: Readers note that this new online link is working even for areas where there is no Chase branches. It’s still not working in some areas though, not 100% sure why. Please share your DP in the comments below. Be logged into your Chase account seems necessary. I’ve included some DP of it working/not working in specific states. Keep in mind sometimes people get it to work and others don’t in the same state.
- Worked: 1
- Worked: 1,
- Worked: 1,
- Worked: 1,
- Worked: 1,
- Worked: 1,
- Worked: 1
- Worked: 1,
Update 03/12/18: Reader elegua found a new working link that allows online applications. Updated our link and reposting. If you’re interested in using the online link, I’d use it sooner rather than later as they don’t seem to last.
- Maximum bonus amount: $500 ($300 checking & $200 savings)
- Availability: Nationwide, although the online link won’t work unless you have a branch in your state. The in branch offer will work regardless of where you reside, but you obviously need to go in branch
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum. Click here to view what triggers this bonus.
- Additional requirements: None for checking; $15,000 balance for savings
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500 with a debit card online (prepaids do not work). Cannot fund with debit or credit in branch
- Monthly fees: $12, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Expiration date:
June 15, 2017 August 7, 2017 September 28th, 2017. November 20th, 2017 January 16th, 2018 April 23rd, 2018. June 14th, 2018August 6th, 2018 Often expires early so don’t leave it to the last minute
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase Total checking account with $25 or more and have a direct deposit post to the account within 60 days
- Receive a bonus of $200 when you open a Chase savings account and deposit $15,000 or more in new money within 10 business days and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days
Enter your email address at the above link and Chase will instantly send a unique coupon code which can be used at a Chase branch to open the checking for a $300 bonus or the savings for a $200 bonus or both for a $500 bonus total. You can also open online.
The Fine Print
- Valid through
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers.
- Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Minimum $25 initial deposit on Chase checking.
- You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus per calendar year.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- “Direct deposit must be paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.”
- Bonuses will appear within 10 business days of meeting the requirements.
- Savings bonus needs $15,000 of new money. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
The Chase Savings Account comes with a monthly service fee of $5. Monthly fee is waived with any ONE of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more; one time transfers do not qualify
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account
The Chase Total Checking account comes with a monthly service fee of $10-$12 which is waived if complete any of the following:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in the checking account
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close either account within 6 months of account opening, you will forfeit the bonus.
The $500 checking + savings bonus isn’t usually publicly available, but it certainly comes around every now and then. The coupon links sometimes run out so it’s a good idea to get the coupon now if you’re considering this deal.
Here’s how to go about getting this $500 bonus:
- Bring the coupon to a local Chase branch and open a Savings and Checking account.
- Deposit $25 into the checking and $15,000 into the Savings.
- Get a direct deposit to the Chase checking account. See what has counted for direct deposit in the past here.
- Wait until the Tuesday after completing the requirements for the bonuses to post. (Chase tends to always post the bonus on a Tuesday.) If you don’t receive the bonus, use another direct deposit to try and trigger it.
- Wait 90 days from the date of deposit and transfer over money from savings to checking to bring the balance to $1,500. Then transfer out the remainder of the $15,000 to your regular high-interest savings account, but leave $300 in the Chase savings account. With $1,500 in checking and $300 in savings the account will remain fee-free.
- Wait until 6 months after the opening date.
- Withdraw all funds & close the accounts.
You can also choose to just do the checking bonus or just the savings bonus if you don’t want to do both.
Chase bank bonuses are from the best bank bonus around. There is no minimum on the direct deposit requirement, it’s easy to keep the account fee free, and the bonuses are a nice chunk of change. If you’ve never completed a bank bonus before, this is a good one to start with. We’ll be adding this bonus into our list of Best Bank Bonuses.
Remember to always check your Chase preapproved credit card offers when visiting a Chase branch; you might even get lucky and end up with a Sapphire Reserve preapproval or an INK preapproval. There is also a $300 business checking bonus you can currently do in branch. Thanks to Out Of Toilet Paper for finding the latest link.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
Post was getting very cluttered with all of the updates at the top, so we will just have the most recent update there and then the rest down here.
Update 7: Online link dead, if anybody finds a working one let us know in the comments.
Update 6: A reader found a new link for doing the deal online.
Update 5: Online link is no longer working, so it’s now in branch only. You might be able to use this trick to do it online though.
Update 4: This $500 bonus is only working for some, apparently based on geographic location. Click and see if it works for you.
Update 3: Remember, there’s also a $300 savings bonus for $25k deposit available online. Should be possible to do the $300 checking and $300 savings using the separate links.
Update 2: A lot of people are getting the following error:
Congratulations, you’re all set!
It looks like there was a problem applying your coupon, but you can still continue opening your account. Please visit a Chase branch for help.
Others are getting approved without this error so not 100% sure what is going on. Apparently you can avoid this by requesting a coupon and then applying through the link that is sent to your e-mail address. You should also be able to just secure message the code in after the fact instead of having to go into a branch. Another tip here.
Update 02/20/18: There is now a link that allows you to open the account online. Great for anybody who doesn’t live near a branch. Hat tip to reader Jonathan.
Update 01/16/18: Bonus is back and valid through March 3rd, 2018. Hat tip to reader banyue.
Update 01/09/18: Bonus has expired early and is no longer available. We will repost if when we find a working link.
Update: We’re now into 2018, so just reposting this again. I really like to get my Chase checking/savings bonuses out of the way as early as possible so if you’re eligible I’d recommend doing it now. That way if any changes are made at least you’ve done the bonus. In addition $300/$200 is as good as it really gets (sometimes there are $300 savings bonuses but they require a much higher deposit).
Reposting because bonus is back until January 16th, 2018. This is particularly interesting because you’re limited to one bonus per calendar year, this means that people that have already done the bonus in 2017 should sign up for this coupon now and then wait until 2018 before signing up for another bonus. Keep in mind you’re not eligible if your account has been closed in the last 90 days and the original account must have been open for six months otherwise you lose the bonus. If you are in this situation I’d get the coupon now as the links often die early and your coupon will be gone through January 16th, 2018. Hat tip to reader Chhavi