Published on November 22nd, 2017 | by William Charles81
Chase Savings $300 Bonus – Requires $25,000 Deposit For 90 Days [Now With Public Link To Open Online]
Orignally posted on November 13th, 2017. Reposting on November 22nd, 2017 due to the fact there is now a public link. Thanks to reader Ender L for the information.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide in branch [Branch locator]
- Deposit required: $25,000
- Deposit length: 90 days
- APY: 0.01%
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Not available when opening in branch
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
January 16th, 2018March 3rd, 2018
- Chase is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new Chase Savings account and deposit $25,000 or more in new money within 10 business days of account opening and maintain that balance for 90 days.
The Fine Print
- Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the bonus: 1) Open a new Chase SavingsSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a total of $25,000 or more in new money within 10 business days of account opening; AND 3) Maintain at least a $25,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit.
- The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. F
- You can only receive one new savings account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT(or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
This account has a $5 monthly fee that isw aived if you do any of the following:
- Maintain a daily balance of at least $300 or more
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your Chase personal checking account
- Are under 18 years of age
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus, Chase Premier Platinum Checking or Chase Private Client checking account.
Chase typically offers two savings bonuses:
- $200 for depositing $15,000 and maintaining for 90 days
- $150 for depositing $10,000 and maintaining for 90 days
Your return actually decreases as the bonus increases, but keep in mind you can only do one Chase savings bonus per calendar year so it might make more sense to go for the higher bonuses if you have the funds available. This deal works out to be over 4.8% APY, not outrageous for a savings bonus but still pretty good. Keep in mind some savings accounts offer 5% long term so those might be better options for some people. If you’re considering this offer make sure you do the $300 checking bonus at the same time as well. I’d also recommend checking for in branch pre-approvals as these by pass the dreaded 5/24 rule. I won’t be adding this to the best savings bonuses because it’s targeted.
Big thanks to reader, Stephen E & Gary M who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times