Updated page for 2021, including the Capital One Venture X.
It’s becoming increasingly common for premium credit cards to offer priority pass lounge access. For those not familiar Priority Pass is a network of over 800 airport lounges. Reader Eric asked if we could create a post comparing the differences and we aim to please so here we are! Below is a list of credit cards that offer priority pass lounge access as a benefit, this is then followed by a comparison table.
Cards That Offer This Benefit
- American Express Platinum (personal, business & all the different flavors)
- Capital One Venture X
- Barclaycard Gold & Black
- Chase Ritz-Carlton
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (detailed post on this benefit can be found here)
- City National Bank Visa Infinite
- Citi Prestige (detailed post on this benefit can be found here)
- U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve
- Hilton Honors Ascend from American Express
- Hilton Honors Aspire
- American Express Bonvoy Brilliant
|Free Access||# Of Guests||Authorized Users||Mobile App||Annual fee||Restaurant Access|
|American Express Platinum||Yes||$27 per guest||Yes (normally $175 for three additional cardholders)||Yes||Varies ($550 normally)||No|
|Hilton Honors Ascend||10 free visits, then $27 per visit||32 per guest (can use the 10 free visits)||No||Yes||$95.00||No|
|Hilton Honors Aspire||Yes||Two guests free||No fee, but no access to Priority Pass lounges||Yes||$450||No|
|American Express Bonvoy Brilliant||Yes||$27 per guest||No||Yes||$450||No|
|Business Hilton Honors||10 free visits, then $27 per visit||$32 per guest (can use the 10 free visits)||No||Yes||$95||No|
|Barclaycard Gold & Black||Yes||No limit||Unknown ($195 for black & $295 for gold)||?||$495, $995||Yes|
|Chase Ritz-Carlton||Yes||No limit*||Yes (no fee)||Yes||$450.00||Yes|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||Yes||Two guests free||Yes ($75 per cardholder)||Yes||$550.00||Yes|
|City National Bank Visa Infinite||Yes||$32 per guest||Yes, doesnt have to be authorized^||Yes||$400||Yes|
|Citi Prestige||Yes||Two guests or immediate family||Yes ($75 per cardholder)||Yes||$350-$450||Yes|
|UBS Visa Infinite||No||None||No||?||$495||Yes|
|U.S. bank Altitude Reserve||Four free visits for primary cardholder, four free for guests then $27||No limit*||No||Yes||$400||Yes|
|Capital One Venture X||Yes||Two guests||Yes||Yes||$395||Yes|
This table contains four columns:
- Free access: This is whether the primary cardholder receives free access or not.
- # Of Guests: This includes the number of free guests you’re allowed to bring into lounges. You can bring in additional guests for a cost of $27 per person if you want to exceed these limits. Note some lounges also have a restriction on the total amount of guests you can bring in (this is also relevant to the Chase Sapphire Reserve)
- Authorized users: This indicates whether authorized user cardholders also receive this benefit or not. Unless otherwise noted if they do receive this benefit it’s the same as the primary cardholder.
*Some lounges have a restriction on the total amount of guests you can bring in, this limit still applies to cards that have no hard limits on the amount of guests that can be brought in.
^This card lets you choose one other person to receive this benefit, they don’t have to be an authorized user.