Published on May 7th, 2018 | by William Charles87
Credit Cards That Offer Priority Pass Memberships Compared – What Are The Differences?
It’s becoming increasingly common for premium credit cards to offer priority pass lounge access. For those not familiar Priority Pass is a network of over 800 airport lounges. Reader Eric asked if we could create a post comparing the differences and we aim to please so here we are! Below is a list of credit cards that offer priority pass lounge access as a benefit, this is then followed by a comparison table.
Cards That Offer This Benefit
- American Express Platinum (personal, business & all the different flavors)
- Barclaycard Gold & Black
- Chase Ritz-Carlton
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (detailed post on this benefit can be found here)
- City National Bank Visa Infinite
- Citi Prestige (detailed post on this benefit can be found here)
- U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve
- Hilton Honors Ascend from American Express
- Hilton Honors Aspire
The SPG Luxury card will also offer the same priority pass benefits when it’s launched.
|Free Access||# Of Guests||Authorized Users||Mobile App||Annual fee|
|American Express Platinum||Yes||Two guests free||Yes (normally $175 for three additional cardholders)||Yes||Varies ($550 normally)|
|Chase Ritz-Carlton||Yes||No limit*||Yes (no fee)||No||$450.00|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||Yes||No limit* (from August 26th a two guest limit will apply)||Yes ($75 per cardholder)||Yes||$450.00|
|City National Bank Visa Infinite||Yes||No limit*||Yes, doesnt have to be authorized^||Yes||$400|
|Citi Prestige||Yes||Two guests or immediate family||Yes ($50 per cardholder)||Yes||$350-$450|
|Hilton Honors Ascend||10 free visits, then $27 per visit||$27 per guest (can use the 10 free visits)||No||Yes||$95.00|
|Business Hilton Honors||10 free visits, then $27 per visit||$27 per guest (can use the 10 free visits)||No||Yes||$95|
|Barclaycard Gold & Black||Yes||No limit||Unknown ($195 for black & $295 for gold)||?||$495, $995|
|U.S. bank Altitude Reserve||Four free visits for primary cardholder, four free for guests then $27||No limit*||No||?||$400|
|Hilton Honors Aspire||Yes||Two guests free & then $27 per guest||No fee, but no access to Priority Pass lounges||Yes||$450|
This table contains four columns:
- Free access: This is whether the primary cardholder receives free access or not.
- # Of Guests: This includes the number of free guests you’re allowed to bring into lounges. You can bring in additional guests for a cost of $27 per person if you want to exceed these limits. Note some lounges also have a restriction on the total amount of guests you can bring in (this is also relevant to the Chase Sapphire Reserve)
- Authorized users: This indicates whether authorized user cardholders also receive this benefit or not. Unless otherwise noted if they do receive this benefit it’s the same as the primary cardholder.
*Some lounges have a restriction on the total amount of guests you can bring in, this limit still applies to cards that have no hard limits on the amount of guests that can be brought in.
^This card lets you choose one other person to receive this benefit, they don’t have to be an authorized user.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve will add a restriction of two guests per lounge from August 26th, 2018 onwards. I suspect we will see a similar restriction on the Chase Ritz-Carlton when it’s revamped.