Published on October 7th, 2016 | by William Charles3
[CT] Scient Federal Credit Union In Branch $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Live, work or regularly conduct business as part of my work, worship, attend school in, or am a business or other legal entity located in one of the following zip codes: 06320 or 06340 [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $750+ required per month for twelve months to keep bonus
- Additional requirements: Print out coupon, bring coupon in
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Account must be kept open for twelve months and receive a minimum of $750 in direct deposits per month
- Expiration date: None listed
- Scient Federal Credit Union are offering a $100 bous when you open a new checkng account and complete the following requirements:
- Initiate direct deposit with a minimum of $750 per month within 60 days of opening a checking account
- Print out your direct deposit coupon
- Sign your coupon and bring it to any branch to receive $100 bonus
The Fine Print
- This offer is limited to one per account number.
- Members that already have a checking account at Scient FCU are not eligible for this offer.
- You must deposit at least $25 to open the checking account.
- To receive the $100 bonus, the minimum direct deposit must be in the amount of $750 per month.
- Member needs to notify the credit union within 60 days after the initial direct deposit has been received by Scient FCU to receive the $100 bonus.
- The $100 bonus will be added to the member’s checking account within 30 days of notification. Checking account must remain open for 12 months and have a direct deposit with minimum amount of $750/month or the bonus will be debited (subtracted) from the account balance at closing.
- This bonus will be reported to the IRS as a dividend. This offer can be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees or balance requirements. You need to keep the account open for 12 months have a direct deposit with a minimum of $750 per month otherwise you will forfeit the bonus.
Bonus is a bit ridiculous, requires an active direct deposit for twelve months of $750 and only offers $100. There are so many bonuses out there that offer better value that I personally wouldn’t bother with this. If you do, please share your knowledge in the comments in regards to soft/hard pull.
Big thanks to reader, David who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank