Published on May 5th, 2019 | by William Charles67
[Expired] [DE, NJ & PA only] BMT (Bryn Mawr Trust) $520 Personal Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view the best current bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 5/4/19: Deal has been extended until May 16th, 2019 in branch. Landing page has been removed, but shouldn’t have any issues getting the offer in branch.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $520
- Availability: Must be a resident of Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $500+ for full bonus
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: $520 per household
- Expiration date: April 30th, 2019
- BMT (Bryn Mawr Trust) is offering a bonus of up to $520 when you open a new checking account. Bonus is broken down as follows ($130 bonus per requirement met):
- Open a new checking account (excluding Fresh Start Checking) with a minimum opening deposit of $130 or more
- Make at least 13 debit card transactions of at least $25 each within 90 days of account opening
- Receive two qualifying direct deposits of at least $500 each within 90 days of account opening
- Open a money market account with at least $2,500
The Fine Print
- Offer applies to new customers only.
- Open any BMT consumer checking account excluding Fresh Start Checking and receive $130 account bonus with an initial opening account deposit of $130 or more. Additional balance requirements and associated fees may apply based on the type of checking account selected. Accounts opened online must fund the account with $130 within 10 calendar days to be eligible for the $130 activity bonus.
- Customers must make a minimum of thirteen (13) debit card purchases over $25.00 each within 90 days of account opening to qualify for a $130 activity bonus deposit into the account. A qualifying debit card purchase is defined as any BMT Debit Card purchase made at point-of-sale using your signature or PIN, or a purchase made electronically or online using your BMT Debit Card number, including recurring payments.
- Customers must receive two (2) qualifying direct deposits of $500 or more within 90 days of account opening to qualify for a $130 activity bonus deposit into the account. A qualifying direct deposit is defined as a recurring deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into the checking account. Transfers between BMT or other accounts, person to person transfers, or electronic deposits for goods sold are not eligible.
- Customers must open any personal BMT Money Market account with a minimum opening deposit of $2,500 to qualify for a $130 activity bonus. Additional balance requirements and associated fees may apply based on the type of Money Market account selected. Fees may reduce earnings.
- Limit one maximum activity bonus up to $520 per household.
- The qualified activity bonus deposit will be deposited into the checking account and received after 90 days and before 120 days of account opening date. Prior promotional participants are not eligible.
- A new customer is defined as not having a BMT deposit account in the past 24 months.
- Current checking account clients or employees of BMT and their family, household members, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies are not eligible for activity bonuses.
- Must be a resident of Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware.
- The value of activity bonuses may be reported to the IRS on form 1099-INT.
- The recipient is responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes on this offer.
- Offer can be withdrawn at any time. Rates and terms are accurate as of 03/01/19. Offer Expires 04/30/19.
BMT checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is an early account termination fee or not.
This is a fantastic bonus, it’s obviously huge ($520 total) but that is made better by the fact that you can get most of the bonus without a direct deposit as well and the fact that there is no monthly fee to worry about. Downside is that it looks like you need to schedule a call to open the account. My guess is that this offer will be shut down fairly quickly or they will try to reneg on the deal. I’d sign up quickly if you’re interested.
Hat tip to PracticalEmployee
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times