Published on June 18th, 2017 | by William Charles116
[Expired] Discover AAA $100 Savings Bonus With $15,000 Deposit
Update: Expired as of June 30th as expected.
Update: Confirmed it works for existing Discover Savings members, you can even transfer the funds directly over according to this DP.
Note: This is the same bonus as Discover offers directly. According to the fine print there is nothing excluding you from getting this bonus before unless you’ve previously been an AAA savings customer. In the offer at a glance section we have linked to Discover savings data points as I believe they will be the same. It also doesn’t look like AAA membership is actually a requirement (update: there is a field for your AAA membership information during the application. You can proceed if you leave them blank and AAA membership isn’t listed as a requirement for the bonus).
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $15,000
- APY: 1.10%
- Initial Deposit: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Checking does have Chex inquiry
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None mentioned
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2017
- Insured: FDIC
- Discover’s AAA branded savings account is opening a bonus of $100 when you meet the following requirements:
- Enter offer code AAA100
- Deposit at least $15,000 by 7/14/17
The Fine Print
- Apply for your first AAA Online Savings Account from Discover Bank (OSA) by 6/30/17.
- Enter Offer Code AAA100 when applying.
- Deposit at least $15,000 by 7/14/17.
- Offer not valid for existing or prior AAA savings customers.
- Account must be open when bonus is credited.
- Bonus will be credited to the account by 7/28/17.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer may be modified/withdrawn without notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no fees to with this account.
AAA Discover does not have any minimum balance requirement, and you can withdraw all the funds after opening the account and fulfilling the $15,000 deposit requirement.
Early Termination Fee
There’s no mention of a fee for closing the account at any time. Note that you need to leave the account open until 7/28/17 or whenever the bonus posts.
This is good for people that have already done the Discover savings $100 bonus. The best part of this bonus is that there is no minimum deposit requirement length so you can just deposit $15,000 and then immediately withdraw it. In the past bonus has posted around 5-15 days after the $15,000 requirement has been met. The 1.1% APY rate is also competitive, but it isn’t the best rate currently available. We will be adding this to our list of the best savings account sign up bonuses.
Hat tip to reader David B
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications