Published on July 2nd, 2018 | by William Charles20
[Expired] Elevations Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus, No Direct Deposit Required [University Of Colorado Students Only]
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Deal is back for 2018. Hat tip to reader Samuel C.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: University Of Colorado students only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Opt in for eStatements and receive debit card
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,500 (previously $10,000)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Account must stay open until May 1st, 2019 otherwise you will forfeit the bonus
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2018
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you open a checking account with Elevation credit union and complete the following requirements:
- Opt in for eStatements
- Opt in to receive a Buff One debit card
The Fine Print
- New Buff One checking account required for eligibility.
- Must be a new Elevations member and a University of Colorado student.
- Debit card and eStatements required at time of account opening to receive $100 offer.
- Limit one $100 offer per unique Social Security Number per 12-month period. Age 13 or older.
- If the account does not remain open through May 1, 2019, the $100 will be charged against the account balance at time of closing.
- The $100 will be described as a dividend adjustment on your account.
- You will receive a 1099-INT form stating dividend income for tax reporting purposes.
- Offer valid May 1 through August 31, 2018.
There are no monthly service fees on this account. You need to keep account open until May 1st, 2019 otherwise you will forfeit the bonus. There is an inactivity fee of $10 if the account isn’t used for twelve months so probably a good idea to use it a few times just in case.
Seems like a killer deal, shame it’s restricted to University of Colorado students. Soft pull + $10,000 in funding and super easy bonus requirements. What’s not to love.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications