Published on March 31st, 2018 | by William Charles24
[Expired] [Targeted] First Tech Federal Credit Union $100 Checking & $250 Savings – Available Nationwide
This deal has expired, current top checking bonuses can be found here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $350
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- ChexSystems: Yes, inquiry sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: April 30th, 2018
- First Tech Federal Credit Union is offering bonuses of up to $350 for opening a checking/savings account. Offers are as follows:
- Open a Dividend Rewards checking account and set up direct deposit within 60 days and get a $100 bonus
- Open a new instant savings bonus and get:
- $150 bonus when you transfer $15,000 of new funds in within 10 business days and maintain that balance for 90 days
- $250 bonus when you transfer $25,000 of new funds in within 10 business days and maintain that balance for 90 days
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 04.30.18.
- Bonus offer is not valid for multiple accounts and is available by invitation only. (keep in mind this showed up as a Google ad, so everybody should be eligible)
- This offer is non-transferable and is not available to members with existing Dividend Rewards Checking or Instant Access Savings accounts or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days. New accounts must be personal accounts, not fiduciary or business accounts.
- For new members, opening a Membership Savings Account with a deposit of $5.00 is required prior to opening any other type of accounts. After meeting criteria below, we’ll deposit bonus amounts to your Membership Savings Account month-end after you meet all criteria.
- The checking bonus may be combined with only one savings bonus option. Account must be in good standing (not in default, closed, or otherwise not in good standing.) Bonus amounts are considered interest and will be reported on IRS form 1099 INT.
- To receive $100 checking bonus: 1) Open a new Dividend Rewards Checking account AND 2) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Direct deposit must be electronic deposit with paycheck, pension or government benefit description.
- To receive $150 savings bonus: 1) Open a new Instant Access Savings account; 2) Deposit $15,000 in new money within 10 business days of account opening; AND 3) Maintain a minimum daily account balance of $15,000 for 90 days after the first 10 business days. New money cannot be held by First Tech or its affiliates.
- To receive $250 savings bonus: 1) Open a new Instant Access Savings account; 2) Deposit $25,000 in new money within 10 business days of account opening; AND 3) Maintain a minimum daily account balance of $25,000 for 90 days after the first 10 business days. New money cannot be held by First Tech or its affiliates.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The savings accounts do not have any monthly fees, checking account also has no monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find any fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Hard pull and ChexSystems sensitive kill this deal unfortunately. Personally I’d just give this one a miss, but if you don’t really care about hard pulls and haven’t opened many bank accounts then maybe you could go for it. Although I’d recommend just focusing on bigger checking & saving bonuses personally and just giving this one a miss instead.
Big thanks to reader, Michael G who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times