Published on August 14th, 2019 | by William Charles41
[FL only] Community First Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus
Update 8/14/19: Bonus is back. Hat tip to reader newbie
Update 8/2/19: Bonus is now cash instead of an Amazon gift card. In addition the $10 bonus for loading the debit card has been removed.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must live or work in Baker, Brevard, Broward, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Indian River, Lake, Martin, Nassau, Orange, Palm Beach, Putnam, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, or Volusia counties in Florida
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $300+ required within 30 days
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull, reader via e-mail suggests it’s a hard pull but that is based on what a customer service rep said
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,500
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: $10, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Community First Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to a $200. Must use promo code CHK2019 Bonus is broken down as follows:
- $25 for a new checking account
- $125 for starting a Direct Deposit (at least $300) within 30 days of account opening
$10 Amazon.com Gift Card for loading your debit card in a digital wallet
- You also get a $50 Amazon gift card for every friend you refer
The Fine Print
- Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, or attends school in one of the following counties: Baker, Brevard, Broward, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Indian River, Lake, Martin, Nassau, Orange, Palm Beach, Putnam, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, or Volusia. Membership is also open to any relative of an existing or eligible Community First Credit Union of Florida member. We also offer membership to Select Employer Groups, including all employees of Brooks Rehabilitation and Web.com.
- When applying online use code CHK2019. Must mention this offer at time of account opening.
- Receive $25 upon account opening for opening a checking account and enrolling in the Save My Change Program, $125 for recurring Direct Deposit of at least $300 that posts within 30 days of account opening and we’ll post the credit within 6-8 weeks of account opening, and $50 for every friend you refer that opens a checking account.
- Credit provided when your friend opens a checking account and mentions you as the referrer.
- Credit and other restrictions apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Advantage checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
You do need to keep the account open for six months otherwise an early account termination fee of $10 will be charged
If it’s a soft pull to open then I do think it’s worth doing if you live in an eligible area. If anybody goes for the bonus, share your experiences in the comments below. We will likely add this to our best bank bonus page if we can confirm the soft pull.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times