Published on January 8th, 2019 | by William Charles193
[FL, NC and SC] Capital Bank $200 + $50 Referral Checking Bonus
Update 2/3/19: VA is no longer an eligible state.
Update 1/8/19: The $50 referral bonus is now confirmed as stacking.
Capital Bank is the new name given to First Tennessee for those who live in FL, VA, NC and SC. For the data points (soft/hard pull/direct deposit etc) we have just listed the First Tennessee pages as they should be the same.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: FL, NC and SC
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Use promo code and open with at least $300
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, mixed dp on being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $50
- Monthly fees: $7, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be kept open for six months, or bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
October 31st, 2018 December 31st, 2018 February 28th, 2019April 30th, 2019
- Capital Bank (previously known as First Tennessee) are offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code DGCB20
- Have an opening deposit of at least $300
- Receive at least one direct deposit to your account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer expires October 31, 2018.
- This offer is only available to residents of FL, VA, NC and SC. To receive your bonus, you must open the checking account online starting at this page and ensure the code DGCB20 appears in the online application where “Offer/Promo code” is requested, or open your account and present a copy of the offer at a Capital Bank branch.
- You must have an opening deposit of at least $300, and at least one direct deposit must post to your account within 60 days of account opening.
- Opening deposit cannot be transferred from existing Capital Bank accounts.
- If you meet the stated requirements of this promotional offer, the $200 bonus will be credited to your account within 6 weeks of the first direct deposit and will be reported as income on Form 1099-INT.
- Limit one bonus per household.
- Cannot be combined with other checking offers.
- This offer is for new checking households only.
- Households who have a current consumer checking account or who have closed a consumer checking account in the past 12 months at either First Tennessee or Capital Bank are not eligible.
- Customer agrees to maintain account in good standing for a minimum of six months. Account openings are subject to bank approval and may be declined based on certain factors.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Express Checking, $7 Monthly Fee
This is rebated if you have at least one direct deposit during the month.
Early Account Termination Fee
The fine print states that the account must be kept open and in good standing for 6 months. We can assume that they will take the bonus back if you don’t fulfill this requirement.
You can get another $50 by also using a referral. Sign up for a Capital Bank account as normal and then fill out your information from a referral link. This has been confirmed as stacking. To find and share referrals go here. Even though those are for First Tennessee they still work for Capital Bank. Do not share your referrals in this post.
Keep in mind to get the referral bonus:
- Must fund account with at least $100
- Receive two direct deposits of $100+ within 60 days of account opening
Standard offer for First Tennessee has been $150 + $50 for a money market account. We have seen bigger offers of up to $300 but those are usually targeted and aren’t available in as many states. Really up to you if you want to try and wait for a better offer or just grab this one. This one is better than the $150 + $50 offer as no money market account is required. Personally I’d probably just grab this offer if you’ve already done the better offers in your state, if you haven’t do those first and hope a bigger offer comes along in the mean time.
Big thanks to reader, Gadget who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times