Published on September 10th, 2017 | by William Charles1
FlyingBlue: 100% Bonus On Purchased Points
- AirFrance/KLM FlyingBlue is offering a 100% bonus when you purchase miles from September 1st until September 25th. You can purchase a minimum of 4,000 miles and a maximum of 75,000 miles.
- 75,000 miles (+75,000 bonus miles) = €2,062.50 (1.375 euro cents or ~1.65¢)
The Fine Print
- During the promotional period each Ivory member can receive a maximum bonus of 75,000 Award Miles.
- Bonus Miles will be awarded on transactions made between 1 September and 25 September 2017, 23:59 CET+1, and will be credited to the recipient’s account when the transaction is complete.
- Award Miles are sold in units of 2,000 Miles.
- Award Miles are sold to you by Points Inc. Award Miles will be deposited into your account within 72 hours of purchase.
- You have the right to withdraw your purchase within 14 days as provided in the Buy and Gift Award Miles Program Terms and Conditions.
- To exercise the withdrawal right or to obtain assistance with the Buy and Gift Award Miles Program, please contact the Customer Service Centre.
Keep in mind that Topcashback will give you 2.5% cash back on FlyingBlue points as well, this brings your cost per point down to ~1.61¢ per point. Personally I don’t find purchasing miles even at that cost worth it, but I guess if you like flying premium cabins on a regular basis and can’t get enough points from credit cards alone it’s probably cheaper to purchase points than business/first class tickets directly. Flying Blue also has discounted awards that are updated monthly. As far as I know this is the best bonus FlyingBlue have offered on purchased points.
You can transfer points into the Flying Blue program from:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards
- American Express Membership Rewards
- SPG Points
- Citi ThankYou Points
- Diners Club
Hat tip to Frequent Flyer Bonuses