Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: GA, FL only (residents of any county which does not directly border a county in their field of membership, are ineligible)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,000+ per month for two months
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10 if closed within six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
March 31, 2021July 31, 2021
- First Commerce Credit Union is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new iEarn! and complete the qualifying checking requirements:
- Use promo code iearn300
- Enroll in digital banking
- Maintain an average daily balance for iEarn! is $1,000 and iEarn!50+ is $5,000
- Receive regular income deposits totaling $2,000+ per month for two months
The Fine Print
- To qualify for $300 bonus, open either an iEarn! Checking or iEarn!50+ Checking account online using the promo code “iEarn300” between 3/1/21 and 3/31/21.
- Must establish a regular income deposit (direct or by check) of $2000+/month for at least two months prior to June 30, 2021.
- Qualifying deposits include your paycheck, pension, government benefits (such as Social Security), or other eligible regular monthly income from your employer or the government deposited into your checking account. Person-to-person and bank transfers between your First Commerce accounts or accounts at other financial institutions or brokerages do not qualify. 3 Must enroll in FCCU Digital Banking. 4 Minimum opening deposit for iEarn! is $1,000, and $5,000 for iEarn!50+. To receive account benefits, including the $300 bonus, average daily balance for iEarn! is $1,000 and iEarn!50+ is $5,000. If requirements are met, $300 bonus will be included in the Annual Percentage Yield, will vary based on actual balances, and will be reported as interest. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. 5 To receive bonus, account must be open and in good standing on the day the bonus is posted. Bonuses will be paid no later than July 31, 2021, for all accounts meeting minimum requirements. Members with current FCCU checking accounts are not eligible for $300 bonus. Offer subject to end at any time. For complete terms & conditions, visit FirstCommerceCU.org/iEarn300 or call 1.800.533.5772. Insured by NCUA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this fee schedule there is an early account termination fee of $10 if closed within six months.
Seems like a nice big bonus, does require two big direct deposits but as long as you can manage that it’s a great deal. Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull as well. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Sunil A
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
Received an email on Jan 28th that “Your 1099-INT is ready to view at http://www.firstcommercecu.org. Please log-in to iBranch! Digital Banking to retrieve your tax form.” But I have closed my account, so I could not get into the Checking or Savings account details page to access the eStatements/eDocuments link. If you haven’t closed your account and the eDoc link is not tied to your account, can you share it? Thanks. Davis Gadget - Bank Bonus Geek Charles anthonyjh21
I didn’t receive an email and my accounts are closed too. I’ll try in a few weeks to message them for it
Davis Gadget - Bank Bonus Geek ShawntheShawn
I had the same issue and after sending an email to FCCUMemberServices@firstcommercecu.org (and bumping it once) they replied they’re sending it out via snail mail.
Thanks. I sent a SM about a week ago. I just logged into my online account and saw that they finally got back to me today saying the tax form has been mailed. anthonyjh21 Davis Gadget - Bank Bonus Geek
I still have my account. The link is account-specific. ShawntheShawn Davis anthonyjh21
They DID report the value of the bonus on the 1099-INT, plus pennies of interest.
Block 1 Interest income $300.42
PAYER: FIRST COMMERCE CREDIT UNION 2073 SUMMIT LAKE DR TALLAHASSEE FL 32317 (850) 488-0035
And, if you are a weirdo that wants the PAYER’S TIN: 59-0687423… Enjoy!
Thanks, Gadget - Bank Bonus Geek. That’s my guess. I did not take note of the pennies of interest, so I need the 1099-INT form.
Not really. I am pretty lazy about moving funds out, so if you beat me, I would be shocked.
(meaning you can just round down)
Well, if the interest were more than 50 cents…You were fairly close…Just wanted to be sure.
If they mailed you a final statement, or you saved one PDF, it says the interest earned for the year. And if the IRS audits you over a $1, I will personally donate $100 to your defense.
Total Dividends Paid Year-To-Date .42 (From my July statement) (not $300.42)
But I understand. I wait until late March to file and I like accuracy.
yep, I like accuracy and dislike giving irs ideas. Your laziness may be correlated with your wealth 😋
I don’t like to create waves, at least not until after I get the bonus. I try to play the part of the interested customer. What does a $1 balance say about your desire to use your brand new bank/CU? Reps notice.
But yes, the more boring I can make my tax return, the better.
3/22: Opened account with $1k that remained the whole time, had called in about 9 times to confirm my eligibility (AIA or, if that failed, the donation route) and how to enter that into the application (use a dummy family member). Also sent them a message when I set it up stating my true eligibility to which they never responded to
5/14: $1k real DD
5/28: $1k real DD
6/15: $1k real DD
6/30: $1k real DD
8/02: Contacted them for bonus, they said I wasn’t eligible
8/03: Filed complaints with NCUA/BBB/Florida AG
8/05: Email asking me how I was eligible to join, responded with AIA
8/09: Phone call asking me how I was eligible, responded with AIA, $300 bonus provided
Overall a little stressful bonus, communication was lacking throughout their credit union, they actually asked if I specifically signed up for the account for the bonus and then were going to close it after and offered to pay me $300 and then shut down my account rather than donating the $15, to which I said I would do that if they didnt accept my AIA membership, which eventually they did.
Did DOC make a mistake, the terms said nothing about July 31st and said offer is expired. I think he meant 4/30 instead of 7/31.
I didn’t apply for the bonus because of this
Yes… It was a clerical error. It’s been expired for awhile.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! OOS – used the foundation as affliation.
4/2: Acct open
4/16: Rep pulled $15 for the “Foundation” fee after I returned their call via email.
4/30: $2k Real DD
6/1: $2k Real DD
7/1: $2k Real DD
7/31: Iearn ATM Fee +$300
Bizarre description for the bonus… Glad the wait is over. Davis ShawntheShawn charlie
Yep, $300 bonus was posted with a super odd description of “learn” and category of “ATM Fee.” Victory to celebrate~
Nothing for me. I called and they said I had to be in service to get the bonus. I said I don’t see that in the terms anywhere. They said it was in the documents that I signed and would send over a copy to me. I looked through the documents and didn’t find any, so I sent them the terms and said to pay the bonus or I will file an NCUA complaint
I think you will win, but it will probably be a while. Good thing you had the foresight to do real DD’s. CSR’s love to make up rules. Good luck.
They never responded to my followup emails so I filed NCUA, BBB, and Florida AG complaints
That will keep them busy for a while… while they come up with new stories to tell. 😆
Since it wasn’t in the terms, seems like a no-brainer that you will win. I will say my dispute with US Alliance took about a year, and I only won on a technicality. Yours seems clear cut.
charlie was blowing up their phone a month ago, but hasn’t said if he got his? I need closure. LOL
Yep got it :-). I hadn’t been enrolled in the foundation. So I had to sort it out with them. Edit: OOS. Was told I wouldn’t get it. Had to sort out with a higher up to make sure they deducted the foundation fee from my account. It wasn’t automatic and thought it was. I mess d up tajy part but got it resolved.
Generally, I never believe anything a phone rep tells me about a promo. They usually can’t see promo info, and never go to the front-facing website.
But, that’s good you got it and it’s done. And, we supported their little foundation.
Davis Did you maintain $1k average daily balance?
Good call. That’s why they waited until the very last day… to see if anyone faltered.
On each monthly statement it says:
Annual Percentage Yield Earned 0.050% from 0?/01/2021 through 0?/31/2021, based on Avg Daily Bal of $????.??
Some people like to sweep out their DD’s and funding right after it hits. Who actually would spend their paycheck?
Yes, initial deposit of 1k that I kept
4/20: $15 foundation fee
4/30: $2K real DD
5/14: $1k real DD
5/28: $1k real DD
6/15: $1k real DD
6/30: $1k real DD
7/31: learn “ATM Fee” iEarn $300 credit
Opened IN service area, P1 and P2
Paycheck 1 and 2 are April for 1000 each
Paycheck 3 and 4 May for 1000 each
Paycheck 5 and 6 June for 1000 each
No payment on 30 July.
I figured they might be doing a final assessment last night and posting Monday or Tuesday.
Mildly useful data point:
4/26 Opened IN service area
5/4 paycheck DD #1 $4k
6/2 paycheck DD #2 $4k
7/30 no bonus paid yet
7/31 Bonus posted for me as well
OOS. Still have account open. Completed requirements. And messaged asking when the bonus would post. They said I didn’t live in the service area so I didn’t get the bonus. I fired back the T&C’s that didn’t state you had to live within service area. Currently filed a CFPB which then got transferred to the Florida Office of Financial Regulation. I’m also lodging an FTC against them. Good luck if you’re out of service area.
Settle down… per terms: “Bonuses will be paid no later than July 31, 2021”
Have you seen anyone IN FOOTPRINT mention a payout? So, you calling them achieved nothing other than heartache and distress. CSR’s don’t know how the promos work. Just let things happen naturally.
August 1st I will grab my pitchfork and storm the castle with you, but until then, I’ll just chill. IS250 ShawntheShawn Davis payyoutuesday
I joined via the foundation route. And I had assumed they would have deducted the 15 from my account I had even pushed over 1015 on opening. They never closed my account or followed up about lack of donation. So I guess I fell through a crack. Spoke to a higher-up who told me I hadn’t contributed thus was ineligible for the bonus. No where in the T&C’s does it state you have to be an “eligible member” to get the bonus. I guess that was implied but never written. They then said they could deduct it from my account right then and there, which they did. Fingers crossed it’s all good, but it seems to be ok if your OOS. Just make sure you do your donation manually.
William Charles Chuck This offer has expired. The offer signup deadline was 4/30, not 7/31. Guess they shut it down sometime today instead of midnight.
They are still closing OOS accounts. P1 then P2 closed down this week.
Did they ever take the $15 membership fee for the foundation?
Did you get your membership card in the mail?
I’ve had both of these things happen… I did not sign up P2… Yet.
No, they never took the $15 fee. Both P1 and P2 received the membership card.
One odd thing is that my bill pay never worked. I set up a couple of transactions and have been getting daily error messages.
General question for you (not related to this bonus): I recently started keeping EX, TU, EQ frozen — do I have to unfreeze for a bank to do a soft pull?
Once I got an e-mail receipt for the “foundation” I set up my DD. Not sure why I got through and others didn’t though – I guess some reps are doing what the website says and the foundation is a way in.
Yeah, bill pay is one of the first things I click on when I get my account access…. gives me an idea that they finished setting up the account. Mine comes up and can add a payee, but I have not used it.
And yes, any bank with which you do not have any existing relationship cannot do a soft pull on your credit with it frozen. At least that is my understanding. Banks often want that soft pull to screen you for other products, and identity verification. How badly they need that information could vary from bank to bank, and I personally only tried it once or twice and it was a colossal mess, but I was trying to avoid an HP. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0497-credit-freeze-faqs#can