Published on April 21st, 2018 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [GA, Smyrna only] LGE Community Credit Union In Branch $150 Checking + $50 Savings Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
This offer has expired and is no longer available, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250 ($150 for checking/$50 savings/$50 credit card)
- Availability: 2905 Atlanta Road, Suite 100, Smyrna, GA 30080 branch only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, ACH is required. Any ACH should work though
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft. Report of hard pull. and another
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: No
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 29th, 2018
- LGE Community Credit Union is offering the following bonuses when you open accounts at their new Smyrna branch:
- $150 when you open a high rewards checking account with direct deposit
- $50 after you make 3 purchases with a new Visa credit card
- $50 when you open a savings account (they match your deposit up to $50)
The Fine Print
- Offers available in-person at Smyrna branch only. Offers valid 04/17/2018-05/29/2018 (“promotional period”) but may be withdrawn at any time
- Offer is only valid for new or existing members who open a new High Rewards Checking (HRC) account with an ACH deposit. ACH deposit must be received within 30 days of account opening. Qualified accounts will receive a $150 deposit into the checking account within 10 business days after the initial ACH deposit is received.
- Offer is only valid for new credit card accounts. $50 credit is applied to credit card after 3 transactions have cleared the account. The 3 transactions must clear the account within 30 days of opening the card in order to receive $50 credit. Credit is applied to card within 10 business days after the third transaction has cleared the account. All loans subject to approval.
- Offer is only valid for new members who open a new Youth Savings Account, or existing members who convert an existing Custodial Savings Account to a Youth Savings Account. Matching deposit (up to $50) is available on initial deposit made after account opening/conversion for Dollar Dog, Cha-Ching!, and Edge Savings accounts only (up to age 22), which will be received within 10 business days. Dollar Dog Kids Club®, Cha-Ching!SM, and The EdgeSM are licensed service marks of Marketing Partners, Bethlehem, PA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The high rate checking account does not come with any monthly fees. There is also no early account termination fee mentioned in their fee schedule.
Update: No longer worth doing due to the hard pull being reported.
The high rate account isn’t worth qualifying for as it’s only 2% APY and there are basic savings account rates offering that now. The $150 checking bonus is worth doing though as it only requires any ACH transfer so should be easy to do. The downside is that this is in branch at a specific branch only. I’ll add this to the best highly region specific checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Jennifer W who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times