Deal has ended, but there is a new $200 bonus offer.
Update 8/23/21: Back until September 30, 2021. Hat tip to Kamil Sultan
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: All locations are in FL, but anybody can become a member by joining CU Savers Club, which is free
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: $4.95,a voidable
- Early account termination fee:Closed Account Within 180 Days: $25 fee (or balance if <$25)
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 30, 2021
- GTE Financial Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GTE100
- Enroll and login to online banking by month end of the calendar month of new membership
The Fine Print
- Special incentive offer is available to new members over the age of 18 who join GTE between 3/1/21 and 4/30/21.
- To qualify for the $100 incentive, new members must join GTE, have a funded member-owner share account, use the promotional code GTE100 on their membership application, and enroll and login to Online Banking by month end of the calendar month of new membership.
- The incentive will be deposited into the member’s Savings account within 14 days of account funding of meeting these requirements.
- This offer may not be combined with other incentive offers and is not available to individuals who were previously members of GTE Financial.
- GTE Financial reserves the right to end this promotional offer at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Go full access has a $4.95 fee that can be waived by enrolling in eStatements AND making $500 in aggregate deposits per month OR making a combination of 15 monthly debit and/or credit card transactions.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule
Only available to new members, a lot of people joined in the past because they used to offer more credit card funding. They have offered a $200 bonus in the past but that did require a direct deposit. Main downside is that this is a hard pull, although a lot of people don’t care about those anymore with credit card issuers tightening requirements. We will add this to our best bank account bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times