Published on April 21st, 2019 | by William Charles7
[Houston, TX only] SPCO Credit Union $100 Checking bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Houston, TX only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, three months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 28th, 2019
- SPCO Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a direct deposit (no minimum specified) within 60 days of account opening
- Enroll in eStatements
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the $100 deposit, you must be an SPCO member in good standing and open a new Better than Free Checking Account with eStatements and Direct Deposit. Existing Checking Accounts are not eligible to receive the $100 incentive.
- The $100 will be deposited after the first direct deposit into the Checking Account.
- Allow up to three weeks after the first direct deposit for the incentive to be applied. The direct deposit must be completed within 60 days of the account opening. “Bonus” is considered interest and may be reported to IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Please consult your tax advisor on any legal, tax, or financial issues related to your bonus or personal matters. Offer expires June 28, 2019.
This account has no monthly fees
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is a $25 early account termination fee if closed within three months.
Only worth considering if you’ve already done all the much bigger and better bonuses available, and even then we don’t know if it’s a hard or soft pull. As always if anybody goes for this one share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times