Published on February 22nd, 2015 | by William Charles7
How To Get The Gold Delta Skymiles 50,000 Miles + $50 Offer
- Receive 50,000 Skymiles after spending $1,000 within the first three months and a $50 statement credit after your first Delta purchase (also must be made within the first three months). Here is how to get the offer:
- Call 877-621-2639
- Describe the offer as above and state that you lost the mail out
- They will ask for the POID code, state that you don’t remember it as you misplaced/lost the mail out
- They should extend the offer to you
The Fine Print
- Annual fee of $95 is waived the first year
- First bag free on Delta flights
- Priority boarding on Delta flights
If you want to get this offer, I’d recommend calling sooner rather than later. It was possible to do something similar in the past and it eventually got shut down (and the phone representative that shared the POID with us unfortunately got fired). In fact, you can basically use this to your advantage whenever you hear about a targeted American Express offer – just call in and describe the offer and say you lost the mail out and thus don’t know the POID and you should be able to get the offer.
Skymiles are a junk currency as far as I’m concerned and are only getting worse with the removal of award charts. If you live in a Delta hub, this might be a good option for you but I’m going to give it a big miss. This is the highest this sign up bonus usually gets, so I don’t see a lot of use in waiting if you did want to get this card.
Useful posts about American Express:
- American Express backdates all new applications to the year you opened your first credit card
- Learn how to get your credit limit increased by up to 3x with American Express
- American Express will usually not expedite these cards
- Learn how to reallocate your credit limits with American Express
- Learn how to view all your American Express “special offers” here. Find offers from other card issuers here.