Update 7/14/19: Deal is back again and valid until July 26, 2019.
Update 6/30/19: Looks like the status matches are posting, but for whatever reason IHG isn’t sending out e-mails. Log into your account to see if you’ve been matched. Hat tip to FM
- IHG is offering a status match, when matching status you’ll receive the new status for free for 90 days. You can then complete a challenge to keep that status until December 31st, 2020. The challenge changes based on the status you receive and must be completed within 90 days:
- Spire Elite: Stay 10 nights
- Platinum Elite: Stay 5 nights
- Gold Elite: Stay 2 nights
The Fine Print
- The promotion is valid in the United States & United Kingdom only.
- Current Spire Elite members are not eligible for this promotion.
- Upon Registration (as defined below), members will be given the opportunity to match a competitor’s hotel loyalty program status.
- You must register for the promotion between June 17, 2019 – June 30, 2019.
- By clicking “Match My Status” you are registering for the promotion and agreeing to receive IHG Rewards Club marketing communications and the terms and conditions of the promotion and Privacy Statement.
- Members will be awarded a status match after completing the requirements of submitting their first name, last name, email address, IHG Rewards Club member number, hotel loyalty program you want us to match, your status with that program, and an attachment showing proof of status.
- In order to maintain the status IHG Rewards Club grants you beyond 90 days, you must have two (2) Qualifying nights to maintain Gold Elite, five (5) Qualifying nights to maintain Platinum Elite, and ten (10) Qualifying nights to maintain Spire Elite, in which you will maintain this status through December 31, 2020.
- If you do not meet with required nights, you will be eligible for the tier you did qualify for during the Promotion. Hurdle completion must be completed 90 days after date of registration (“Registration”).
- Only 2,500 members will be granted Spire Elite status. Spire Elite upgrades will not include the Exclusive Choice Benefit.
- There is no cap for Gold Elite or Platinum Elite. Status match is available only once to each member.
Unlike previous offers that were restricted to specific companies, this should be available to everybody. Keep in mind they are only granting Spire Elite status to a total of 2,500 members so if you’re interested I’d do this deal ASAP.