Published on February 12th, 2020 | by William Charles25
[IL, IN, KY, MO] Banterra Bank $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: IL, IN, KY, MO
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Banterra Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new Saluki interest checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive at least one direct deposit of $250+ within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- $250 Cash Bonus With Saluki Interest Checking: To receive $250 bonus, one direct deposit must post to your account within 60 days of account opening; direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government and must be $250 or higher.
- Bonus will be credited to your account within your statement cycle following your first direct deposit and will be reported as income on Form 1099-INT.
- Limit one bonus per customer.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
To avoid monthly fee of $10, one of the following is required each statement period: 1) $2,500 minimum daily balance or 2) $5,000 combined average balance in checking, savings, money markets or CDs. 3) A monthly direct deposit of at least $200 or higher is deposited to this account.
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus forfeit if closed within six months
Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull, but worth doing if it’s a soft pull. Will add it to our best checking bonus post if it is a soft pull.
Hat tip to reader @mothman69
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times