Published on October 24th, 2018 | by William Charles54
[IN, IL, WI only] Marine Bank $250 Checking Bonus (Update)
Update 10/24/18: Reposting as we now know it’s a soft pull to open. I also had this listed as IL only before, but they have branches in IN & WI (and not in IL). I’m guessing it also works in IL based on people successfully applying when I had the wrong state listed? Looks like it’s available in IL as well.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: IN, WI, IL only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: eStatements & 12 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown (sensitive)
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, $75
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
November 2nd, 2018 November 30th, 2018December 31st, 2018
- Marine Bank is offering a bonus of $250 and an APY of 2%. To receive the $250 bonus you must meet the requirements for the 2% APY for two consecutive months after account opening. Requirements are as follows:
- Set up e-statements through online banking,
- Establish a monthly direct deposit and
- Perform 12 debit card purchases
The Fine Print
- $250.00 bonus offer limited to new Acceleration Checking accounts opened between 9/17/18 and 11/2/18.
- To receive the bonus Acceleration Checking “qualifications” must be met the first two consecutive months after account opening.
- Cash bonus will be deposited into the account following the third statement cycle by the 10th of the month. Cash bonus considered income and reportable on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Customer must set up e-statements through online banking, establish a monthly direct deposit and perform 12 debit card purchases each month to “qualify” and receive tiered rates and ATM surcharge refunds up to $12.
- Transactions may take one or more business days to post and clear the account.
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Accounts closed within 6 months of opening date are subject to a $75.00 closing fee
The 2% APY rate isn’t interesting as there are a high yield savings accounts that offer higher rates with no requirements. The $250 bonus is nice and worth doing if you live in an eligible area. I’ll be adding this to our best bank bonus page. If anybody decides to go for it then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times