Published on October 20th, 2019 | by William Charles21
[IL, WI only] First National Bank and Trust Company $150 Checking Bonus – No Direct Deposit Required
Update 10/20/19: Deal is back and valid through December 31st, 2019.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: IL & WI, must live near a branch
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 3 bill pays
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $100 with a credit card visa, amex, MC, disc, diner’s, JCB allowed
- Monthly fees: None with eStatements
- Early account termination fee: $30, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2019December 31st, 2019
- First National Bank and Trust Company is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn $50 per paid bill ($150 maximum)
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the full $150 incentive, a new consumer checking account must be opened between 08/01/19 and 09/30/19 and customer must pay 3 bills using FNBT’s online bill pay by 10/31/19.
- New checking account will not be eligible for offer if customer has an existing consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days.
- Customer will receive $50 for each bill paid online up to a maximum of 3 bills ($150).
- Amount will be credited to the eligible account by 11/15/19.
- Accounts closed for any reason prior to 11/15/19 will not receive the bill pay offer.
- Limited time offer.
- All incentives will be identified as “Bill Pay Incentive” on your monthly statement.
- The value of the incentives may be reported on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099, and may be considered taxable income to you. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your specific situation.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Standard checking account has no monthly fees as long as you opt for eStatements
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this page there is a $30 closure fee if closed within 90 days
Easy bonus and no monthly fees to worry about. Because it’s a soft pull I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times