This bonus is no longer being offered. Click here to view the best current checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: IN only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive?
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None/Avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
August 31st, 2018September 30th, 2018
- 3Rivers Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open eligible account (Rhythm Dividends, Rhythm Tunes, Reward, Livin’ Free, or Onward checking for personal accounts and Essential Business Checking, Community Checking, and Business Plus Checking for business accounts)
- Use promo code SWITCH
- Receive a direct deposit or automated payment established on or before 8/31/2018
- You can also refer friends & get $50. Share & use referral details here.
The Fine Print
- Limited time offer that may end early without advance notice.
- Eligible consumer checking accounts include Rhythm Dividends, Rhythm Tunes, Reward, Livin’ Free, or Onward checking. Eligible business checking accounts include Essential Business Checking, Community Checking, and Business Plus Checking. Switched checking relationships during the promotional period will receive $100 within 30 days of the end of the campaign, or before September 30, 2018 if all eligibility requirements are met.
- Must be an active 3Rivers member and in good standing with the credit union at time of payout and have a direct deposit or automated payment established on or before 8/31/2018.
- The promo code “SWITCH” must be entered at account opening.
- Offer is void if the person has had any existing 3Rivers checking account open within the last 6 months.
- 3Rivers employees are excluded.
- Payout may be considered interest and, as such, 3Rivers will be providing an IRS form 1099 INT. Please consult with your tax preparer with any questions.
Livin’ free checking account has no monthly fee to worry about. This is only available to those aged 15-25. Otherwise you need to open the rewards checking account, this has a monthly fee but is waived with a balance of $2,000+
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule
The small amount of credit card funding might be useful for some readers. Not the biggest bonus and it does have a monthly fee to worry about, still worth doing for people that have already done all of the bigger bonuses in their area. I’ll add it to the best checking bonuses, but we will be well down the list.
Big thanks to reader, CreditGuy1234 who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times