Published on July 22nd, 2018 | by William Charles42
[Expired] [KS, MO] Mazuma Credit Union $123 Checking Bonus
Bonus has now expired and is no longer being offered. View the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $123
- Availability: Must live or work in Jackson, Clay or Cass counties in Missouri or live or work in Johnson or Wyandotte counties in Kansas or be a Federal employee. Update federal employees still need to live in the targeted area, they updated the terms.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $5,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2018
- Mazuma Credit Union is offering a bonus of $123 when a member opens a new checking account. Bonus requirements as follows:
- Make 20 point of sale transactions within 60 days of account opening
- Be enrolled in eStatements
- Have a monthly direct deposit within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for accounts opened between June 1st, 2018 and September 30th, 2018.
- Limit one account per person.
- Offer is subject to change without notice.
- Valid for new Members and current Members without an established checking account.
- Requires new checking relationship with the Credit Union (those with existing checking accounts do not qualify).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The classic checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
If the information given by the phone rep is true ($3,000 credit card funding and a soft pull) then this is a great deal. The bonus does have a lot of requirements to complete, but the extra $3,000 credit card funding is what really makes it a good deal. I won’t add it to the best checking bonuses until we have confirmation that information is correct.
Big thanks to reader, Clint who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times