Published on May 22nd, 2018 | by William Charles25
[LA, MS, FL, AL, TX] Hancock Whitney $100 Savings Bonus
Bonus is back for 2018, thanks to reader Matt.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: LA, MS, FL, AL, & TX only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Have a balance on 10/25/18
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $3, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $20, 180 days
- Household limit: One (this is enforced)
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2017 December 31st, 2018July 31st, 2018
- Open a new Silver Savings account with Hancock Whitney Bank and receive a bonus of up to $100.
- Open a Silver Savings2 account with a total deposit of $2,500 or more in new money by 7/31/18
- Ensure you have a balance1 of at least $2,500 on 10/25/18, to receive either a $25, $50 or $100 Visa® Gift Card.
- Bonus depends on your deposit:
- $25 gift card with a $2,500 minimum balance
- $50 gift card with a $5,000 minimum balance
- $100 gift card with a $10,000 minimum balance
The Fine Print
- To be eligible for the promotion: A Silver Savings account, with new money not currently held by Hancock Bank or Whitney Bank, must be opened with an opening deposit of $2,500 or more.
The gift card amount will be based on the balance of the Silver Savings account as of 10/25/18. One gift card per balance tier based on highest balance amount.
- Gift card will be sent to the address associated with your new account within four to six weeks after the qualification expiration date of 10/25/18. Limit one gift card per household. Limit of one new consumer-savings-account-related bonus per calendar year.
The offer is non-transferable and valid only for person residing at the address the mail was sent to. This cannot be combined with other offers.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Savings account has a $3 monthly fee that is waived with an average daily balance of $200.
Early Account Termination Fee $20
This account has an early account termination fee of $20 if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening.
This is much better than the standard savings bonus they offer when they are also offering a $300 checking bonus. Doesn’t look like you need to keep the minimum balance for any period of time, just need it in the account as of 3/31/2018. If you live near a branch I think this is worth doing and will add it to our list of the best savings account bonuses.
Big thanks to readers, JP & Andrea who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications