Published on May 30th, 2016 | by William Charles38
[Expired][MA only] Blue Hills Bank $200 Checking Bonus
This offer has expired but you can still get $300 in Uber credit from Blue Hills.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live or work in MA (also have to be a permanent resident or U.S. Citizen)
- Direct deposit required: Optional, recurring direct deposit of at least $1,000 (+$100)
- Additional requirements: Two online bill pays (+$100)
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Expiration date: October 31st, 2016
- Receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you open any new Blue Hills Checking account and complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- Set up a recurring direct deposit of at least $1,000 per statement cycle
- Pay two payees online through their online banking service
The Fine Print
- Offer expires October 31, 2016.
- $25 minimum opening deposit.
- Earn $200 by opening a checking account with direct deposit and paying two bills online. Direct deposit must be recurring at least monthly and equal at least $1,000 per statement cycle to earn $100 incentive. Blue Hills Bank will pay $100 when you establish and pay two payees online through our online banking service.
- Direct deposit and bill payees must be established and paid within 60 days from account opening.
- Incentives will be credited to the qualifying account within 30 days after the 60 day qualifying period ends
- One per household. New personal checking customers only.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Blue Hill Bank offers a free checking account, the only requirement is that you must open it with at least $10. Their fee schedule says that there is an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 90 days.
They have offered a $200 bonus in the past, they used to allow up to $10,000 in credit card funding but that was reduced to $1,000. Still this is a good deal, easy to keep the account fee free and the bonus requirements aren’t too hard either. The $1,000 in credit card funding is just a bonus. Because of these reasons we’ve added this bonus to our list of the best checking account sign up offers.
Big thanks to reader, Pablo who let us know (& reader JJ-Na who was the first to let us know on Twitter!). Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank