Published on March 17th, 2018 | by William Charles16
[MA only] Dedham Savings Bank $100 Checking Bonus
Update 03/17/18: Offer is back for 2018.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: Must live near a branch. Branches are located in Dedham, Westwood, Needham, Walpole, Norwood, and Sharon in Massachusetts. [Locations here]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date:
June 30th, 2017December 31st, 2018
- Dedham Savings Bank is offering a $100 checking bonus when you open a new Free & Easy checking account. You’ll receive the bonus after receiving your first direct deposit into the account.
The Fine Print
- Offer good for one Free & Easy Checking account per customer.
- Offer expires December 31, 2018.
- Must be a new checking account relationship, defined as not having a checking account at Dedham Savings within the last six months
- Must be opened with funds not currently on deposit at Dedham Savings.
- Open the account for as little as $1.
- One $100 bonus per customer: $100 cash bonus will be deposited 90 days after the customer’s first direct deposit is received.
- The value of the bonus is interest and subject to IRS and other tax reporting.
- No minimum balance required to receive bonus.
This account doesn’t have any monthly fees to worry about. I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Not the biggest bonus, but might be worth it for some people – especially depending how strict they are on the direct deposit requirement. I will be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses despite the small bonus as there is no monthly fee as well. As always please share your experiences in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Frank L who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications