Update 2/2/23: Extended until 3/31/23.
Update 1/8/23: Extended until 1/31/2023.
Update 11/2/22: Deal is back and valid until 12/31/22. Not as good as when no direct deposit was needed. Hat tip to Chase-ing UR Points
Update 8/15/20: Looks like this program will be ending 8/21 according to a customer service rep. Previously we have listed this as MA/NH only but it works nationwide if you join ACC first. There are a number of datapoints of claw backs for the people doing the referring, so keep that risk in mind. Best if you get somebody you know to refer you if possible.
Update 7/16/20: Looks like anybody can sign up by joining the ACC first. I’ll keep MA/NH in the title so there isn’t too many applications at once.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MA, NH only. It’s actually available nationwide if you join the ACC (free to join) first
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 60 days
- Additional requirements: Use referral
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $249 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 202012/31/22
- Service credit union is offering a bonus of $100 to both parties when a new member is referred and the following requirements are completed:
- Open a new dividend or everyday checking account
- Have direct deposits totaling at least $500 into the account within 60 days of opening
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for the $100 referral promotion, referrer must have a Service Credit Union checking account.
- Referred friend (referee) must be a member of Service Credit Union or eligible for membership with at least $5 in a primary savings account, must open a checking account with Service Credit Union, and must have direct deposit totaling at least $500 into the new checking account within 60 days of opening.
- Referee must qualify for Service Credit Union membership in order to open the account.
- Once all criteria are met, $100 will be deposited to the referrer’s checking account and the referee’s checking account.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals members may make.
- If the total of gifts received equals $600 or more in a taxable year, the credit union will issue referring member a 1099-MISC. The credit union will issue on behalf of the referee a 1099-INT for the $100 as income.
- Promotion runs from 06/22/2020 to 12/31/2020 and is subject to change or be canceled at any time.
The everyday checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
They have offered a similar deal last year, but no direct deposit was required. This credit union also has a 3% APY account with no requirements on balances up to $3,000 and the share savings account offers 5% APY on balances up to $500. I will add this to the best bank bonuses because of those high APY accounts. Feel free to share your referrals in the comments below.
Hat tip to Chase-ing UR points
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
I have been referred and received the referral email from Royal Referral Center with a button/link “I could use $100”. However, clicking on it lands me in the main webpage for checking accounts of Service CU, without any wording regarding a potential bonus at opening. I manually used the URL in the button and tried all kind of tricks (changing browser, going incognito, using a VPN, etc) but I get the same result. Is that usual?
Yes, normal. The act of registering for the bonus is done by the referrer. Just use the same email address that was registered for the referral when opening the account. SCU referral tracking is not the best, and more than likely you will end up having to contact SCU to get the bonus. Hang onto the email!
Has anyone actually received this bonus? Either referrer or referred?
Hi guys, need a referral. Could you email me at email@example.com. Thanks!
I have some referrals to send out for this bonus, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want one! Please also send me your first and last name for the referral form. $249 credit card funding, and you are also able to open up to five (5) club savings accounts in addition to one (1) everyday checking account, and one (1) holiday savings account for 3% APY.
Some have said that their credit card funding posted as a cash advance, but I know that I’ve used both Fidelity 2% and B of A biz cards, and they’ve always posted as a purchase. Their primary savings account gives you 5% APY on up to a $500 balance. Lots of banks used to count for DD, not sure of what counts anymore though. Their old referral program was so easy with super quick payouts, not sure of how quickly this one pays out anymore.
Of course, membership is nationwide by joining the American Consumer Council, which you should be able to do for free with the right promo code. I recommend opening the everyday checking account for this bonus since it has no monthly fees. Just be aware that this credit union is infamous for asking for lots of documents from new members, as my P2 was asked for her birth certificate when signing up (she made $1500 in referrals, so it was worth it!).
Other bonuses from Service Credit Union have been churnable, but I’m honestly not sure if this one is or not. If you sign up for a checking account with my referral, sign up for e-statements and make a $500 recurring direct deposit, both you and I will receive $100 directly deposited to our accounts within 90 days of you qualifying for the bonus. This bonus ends on 3/31, though it may just revert back to $75/$75 at that point. Thanks in advance!
need a referral: email@example.com
downbow Sent you an email, need your name for the referral form.
How long after the DD does the bonus post?
Referral links available at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks in advance!
Referral link please!
still need one?
Could I get a referral link sent to email@example.com
can someone email me a referral link? firstname.lastname@example.org
“Andrew Lopez has already registered!”