Published on October 3rd, 2016 | by William Charles8
[MA only] PeoplesBank $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: MA only?
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Open online with promo code GET100
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: $500 at least, maybe more.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, $15
- Expiration date: October 30th, 2016
- Open a new checking account with PeoplesBank and receive a bonus of $100 when you complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GET100 and open online
- Add a direct deposit at the same time you open any consumer checking account (must be received within 60 days of account opening)
The Fine Print
- Minimum opening deposit of $10 required.
- Add direct deposit at the same time you open any consumer checking account and we will deposit $100 into the new checking account after the first direct deposit is made (please allow up to six weeks after your first direct deposit is received). The first direct deposit must be made within 60 days from the date the new checking account is opened.
- Offer valid from 9/21/16 through 10/31/16.
- Personal accounts only, limit of one $100 payment per customer and account.
- 3rd party fees for message, data and internet services may apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easiest account to keep fee free is the free checking account as that has no monthly fees. I couldn’t find a fee schedule, so I’m unsure if an early account termination fee is charged or not. Update: According to this comment there is an early account termination fee of $15 if the account is closed within 90 days.
This has got to be one of the most annoying bank names, there are three banks all with the same name servicing different areas. It’s hard to tell if this is a good or bad deal without knowing if it’s a hard/soft pull and how much you can fund with a credit card. If anybody knows, please share your experiences in the comments below. You can view a list of the bank bonuses we recommend here.
Big thanks to reader, Mark who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank