Published on February 11th, 2020 | by Chuck164
[Expired] Marcus $100 Bonus for New & *Existing* Savings Customers with $10,000 Deposit (1.70% APY) (Last Day)
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Max Bonus Amount: $100
- Direct Deposit Required: No
- Additional Requirements: $10,000 deposit (new funds)
- Hard/Soft Pull: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Monthly Fees: None
- Availability: Nationwide, new or existing users
- Expiration Date: enroll by February 11, 2019 and fund within 10 days
- Insured: FDIC
- New or existing Marcus by Goldman Sachs customers can enroll to be eligible for $100 bonus when depositing $10,000 in new funds within 10 days of enrollment and maintaining those funds plus your current balance for 60 days. You must enroll first.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid from 1/21/20 to 2/11/20.
- To qualify for the $100 Savings Bonus, you must first enroll in this offer at https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/osa-savingsbonus-1 or by calling Marcus at 1-855-730-SAVE (1-855-730-7283) by 11:59 PM EST on 2/11/20. Upon successful enrollment you will receive a confirmation of your enrollment via email or U.S. mail.
- After enrollment, you must deposit $10,000 or more in new funds (internal transfers won’t count) into a Marcus Online Savings Account within 10 days of enrollment and maintain at least $10,000 of those new funds in your account in addition to your account balance at the time of enrollment for 60 consecutive days from the date of reaching the required dollar amount.
- Multiple deposits are allowed to reach the required dollar amount and can be made by joint owners for a joint account.
- Offer available to new and existing customers. Each customer is limited to one bonus offer, which can only be applied to a single account. For eligibility purposes, each joint owner will be treated as a separate customer. For example, if you apply the bonus offer to a joint account, the remaining joint owner(s) may apply this offer to another account they own if they have not done so already.
- The bonus will be deposited into your account within 14 days after fulfilling the above requirements. To receive your bonus, your account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus is deposited in your account.
- The bonus will be treated as interest for tax reporting purposes.
Marcus offered a similar deal in March 2019, then they offered a $500 deal in July 2019, and now the $100 deal again. It’s getting more and more worthwhile to hold a Marcus account as the bonuses all seem to be for new or existing customers, and they’ve never run a ‘new customer only’ promotion to wait for, far as I’m aware.
Locking up $10k for 60 days and getting $100 is a APY of roughly 6%, added to their competitive 1.7% regular interest rate (see Best Savings Rates) for a total 7.70% return. Pretty nice offer, especially if you already have a Marcus account open. I’ll probably wait until my Simple bonus finishes, then Enroll in this offer, and then fund Marcus account with the funds from Simple.
Thanks to all those who sent this one in.