Published on October 10th, 2019 | by William Charles172
[OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV & IL] Huntington Bank $200/$400/$750 Business In Branch Checking Bonuses
Update 10/10/19: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2019 (note the fine print on the landing page says 9/30 but when you e-mail yourself a code it says December 31st, 2019). $750 bonus only requires a deposit of $20,000 instead of $25,00 now as well. Hat tip to reader Mystique
Update 01/06/19: Valid until April 15th, 2019. Hat tip to reader YAR
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300/$500
- Availability: OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV & IL. In branch only [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit $5,000/$25,000
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $20-$30, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2017 January 7th, 2018 March 31st, 2018 June 30th, 2018 September 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018April 15th, 2019
- Huntington Bank is offering a bonus of $750 when you open a new accelerated business checking account in branch using a coupon. Requirements are as follows
- Make cumulative deposits of at least $20,000 within 60 days of account opening
- Huntington Bank is offering a bonus of $400 when you open a new Fast Track business checking account in branch using a coupon. Requirements are as follows:
- Make cumulative deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening
- Huntington Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Community business checking account in branch using a coupon. Requirements are as follows:
- Make cumulative deposits of at least $2,000 within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To be eligible for this offer, click Email My Coupon from this page, so that the promotion code is claimed at time of account opening. This offer is only available to applicants residing in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia or Wisconsin
- To qualify for the $750 cash bonus, you are required to open a new, qualifying Huntington Accelerated Business Checking account during the promotional period between April 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018, make cumulative new money deposits into the checking account of at least $25,000 or more and make at least 30 transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- A transaction includes any combination of checks paid, deposit tickets, deposited checks (except those you process through a remote deposit scanner), incoming ACH debits and credits, debit card purchases, and bill payment transactions made through Huntington’s Online Bill Pay service.
- Account must maintain an open account status for at least 90 days before it is eligible for the bonus payment
- Your $750 bonus will be deposited into your new business checking account within 14 days of meeting all of the above requirements. Your business checking account must remain in an open status to receive the bonus. An Early Account Closing Fee will apply to accounts closed within 180 days of opening.
- This offer is only available to new business checking customers. All existing Huntington business checking customers, including those with any relationship (including fiduciary) to any other Huntington business checking account, or those who closed a business checking account within the last six months, are not eligible. Public Fund/Government Banking dollars and Brokers are not eligible for this offer
- Transfers from another Huntington deposit account do not count as a deposit. This offer cannot be used in combination with any other business checking offer.
- Huntington reserves the right to limit an individual business owner with multiple businesses to one account-related gift incentive per rolling 12-month period across all deposit account relationships.
You don’t have to pay the monthly fees for the first three months.
Community Business Checking ($0 Monthly Fee – $200 Bonus)
This account has no monthly fee to wory about.
Fast Track Business Checking ($20 Monthly Fee – $400 Bonus)
This account comes with a monthly fee of $20, this is waived if you have an average collected balance of $5,000 for the monthly statement period or $30,000 in Total Relationship balances.
Accelerated Business Checking ($30 Monthly Fee – $750 Bonus)
This account comes with a monthly fee of $30, this is waived with $25,000 in checking balances OR $100,000 in combined business lending, checking, savings, CD and money market balances.
Early Account Termination Fee
Thes accounts needs to be kept open for a minimum of six months, otherwise you will forfeit the bonus.
Sometimes you can get a bonus of $500 for opening a fast track business checking account, the nice thing about that offer is that it’s a lot easier to keep fee free. This $750 bonus is as high as the accelerated bonus goes. Keep in mind you’d need to keep $25,000 deposited for six months to keep the bonus and avoid any fees. There are no fees for the first three months so you’d really just want to deposit $20,000 then withdraw it and then add $25,000 again later to keep it fee free (or just pay $90 in fees). If you put that into an account earning 2% APY you’d earn $125 I will add this to the list of the best business checking bonuses available because this is as high as this bonus goes. There is also a $200 personal checking bonus that is worth doing (not currently available sadly. Hopefully somebody finds a working link). People have successfully gotten both the business & personal checking account bonuses before.
Big thanks to reader, Charles DoC Fan who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
Update 10/01: Valid until December 31st, 2018. Hat tip to reader YAR
Update 09/03: Deal is much better as the monthly fees are waived the first three months. Hat tip to MyChurn2000.
Update 07/03: New links have been found. Thanks to reader Ampersand. $200 bonus has also returned
Update 07/01: Bonus has now expired, view more checking account bonuses here.
Update 05/18/18: Bonus has been increased to $750 again. Hat tip to reader Ampersand.
Update April 1st, 2018: You can now only get a $400 bonus for opening the fast track business bonus. Accelerated offer not currently available.
Update January 8th, 2018: Bonuses are back and valid until March 31st, 2018. Fast track business checking bonus has been reduced from $350 to $300 and Accelerated bonus has been decreased from $750 to $500. Hat tip to reader akaak
Bonuses are back and available again until January 7th, 2018. Thanks to reader Stephan. Fast Track bonus has been decreased to $350 from $500.