Deal has now ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 2/11/21: Offer has expired early.
(Update 2/1/21: Just a quick note: I enrolled when the offer came out with the plans on funding before 2/12/21, then realized that you only get 10 days from enrollment to fund, so be sure to only enroll when you are ready. I was not able to re-enroll by clicking through the link again, but using the enrollment link received via email, I was able to re-enroll, and I got an email indicating my enrollment is good and have 10 days from today to fund.)
Offer at a glance
- Max Bonus Amount: $100
- Direct Deposit Required: No
- Additional Requirements: $10,000 deposit (new funds)
- Hard/Soft Pull: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Monthly Fees: None
- Availability: Nationwide, new or existing users
- Expiration Date: enroll by February 12, 2021 and fund within 10 days
- Insured: FDIC
- New or existing Marcus by Goldman Sachs customers can enroll to be eligible for $100 bonus when depositing $10,000 in new funds within 10 days of enrollment and maintaining those funds plus your current balance for 90 days. You must enroll first.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid from 1/15/21 to 2/12/21. To qualify for the $100 Savings Bonus, you must first enroll in this offer at http://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/osa-savingsbonus-1 or by calling Marcus at 1-855-730-SAVE (1-855-730-7283) by 11:59 PM EST on 2/12/21. Upon successful enrollment you will receive a confirmation of your enrollment via email or U.S. mail.
- After enrollment, you must deposit $10,000 or more in new funds (internal transfers won’t count) into your Marcus Online Savings Account within 10 days of enrollment and maintain at least $10,000 of those new funds in that account in addtion to the account to the account balance at the time of enrollment for 90 consecutive days from the date of reaching the required dollar amount. Multiple deposits are allowed to reach the required dollar amount and can be made by joint owners for a joint account.
- Offer available to new and existing customers. Each customer is limited to one bonus offer, which can only be applied to a single account. For eligibility purposes, each joint owner will be treated as a separate customer. For example, if you apply the bonus offer to a joint account, the remaining joint owner(s) may apply this offer to another account they own if they have not done so already.
- The bonus will be deposited into your account within 14 days after fulfilling the above requirements. To receive your bonus, your account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus is deposited in your account. The bonus will be treated as interest for tax reporting purposes.
- We reserve the right to modify or revoke this offer at any time without notice. If we determine that you have engaged in or plan to engage in abuse or gaming in connection with this offer, you will not be eligible for this offer.
Marcus offered a similar deal in March 2019, then in January 2020, and now in January 2021; they also offered a $500 deal in July 2019. It’s worth holding a Marcus account as the bonuses all seem to be for new or existing customers.
Locking up $10,000 for 90 days and getting $100 is a APY of roughly 4%, added to their regular .50% interest rate (see Best Savings Rates) for a total 4.50% return. Pretty nice offer, especially if you already have a Marcus account open. I plan on doing this one.
You can always get an extra .10% APY from Marcus if you are an AARP member, and new Marcus members can sign up with a referral link and get an extra .20% APY for 3 months which stacks nicely with the $100 bonus (both deals can stack for a bonus .30%). Do not leave your referral link in the comments below, you can find and leave links in this dedicated post.
Hat tip to reader YK3