Published on July 7th, 2019 | by William Charles14
[MD, New & Existing Users] SECU $200 Direct Deposit Bonus
Update 7/7/19: Deal has been extended until july 31st, 2019
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: MD only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ must be re-occurring
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $200
- Monthly fees: Varies
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
January 31st, 2019 April 30th, 2019July 31st, 2019
- SECU is offering existing checking customers $200 when they complete the following requirements:
- Set up a re-occurring monthly direct deposit of $500 before 10/31/19
- SECU is offering new checking customers $200 when they open a new account by April 30th and complete the following requirements
- Set up a re-occurring monthly direct deposit of $500 within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- We will credit one cash bonus of $200 per member to one SECU checking account, if the account receives qualifying full check direct deposits (minimum $500 per month) within 90 days of account opening.
- In addition, account must have 15 or more debit card transactions per month.
- For existing members, new qualifying full check direct deposits must be received by 10/31/19. Qualifying direct deposits must be into a personal checking account and include recurring electronic deposits of payroll, pension or Social Security.
- Person to person, bank transfers or other electronic money transfers, such as those made through internet payment services, do not qualify.
- The bonus will be credited to the account within 90 days of the account receiving the required qualifying direct deposits, as long as the account is still open at the time we seek to credit the bonus, and all of the eligibility requirements are satisfied.
- Account must also be in good standing.
- Current employees of SECU and Shared Service Solutions are eligible for this bonus offer.
- The bonus is reportable for tax purposes. Members with existing direct deposit do not qualify.
- New Checking Accounts opened or full check direct deposit established for existing checking accounts after 7/31/19 do not qualify.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This will vary based on what account you have
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
We’ve talked about the SECU Visa Signature card before, don’t think we’ve ever mentioned the checking account. Always nice to see promotions targeted towards existing users, it’s also nice that it’s available to new users this time around as well. Because of that and how relatively easy the bonus is we will add this to our list of the best bank bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, furiouschads who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times