Published on December 1st, 2018 | by William Charles2
[MD, Existing Users] SECU $200 Direct Deposit Bonus For Existing Members
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must be existing SECU member
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ must be re-occurring
- Additional requirements: Must be existing member without direct deposit as of 11/01/18
- Hard/soft pull: N/A
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: N/A
- Monthly fees: Varies
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: January 31st, 2019
- SECU is offering existing checking customers $200 when they complete the following requirements:
- Set up a re-occurring monthly direct deposit of $500 before January 31st, 2019
The Fine Print
- Promotion will run from 11/1/18 to 12/31/18.
- Offer available to existing members with a checking account as of 11/1/18.
- Offer only available to members without direct deposit as of 11/1/18.
- To receive the bonus of $200 members must accrue at least $500 in re-occurring monthly direct deposit transactions before the promotion ends on 1/31/19.
- Only direct deposits to a SECU checking account will qualify.
- Bonus payments will be processed into the checking account of qualifying members by 2/28/19
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This will vary based on what account you have
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
We’ve talked about the SECU Visa Signature card before, don’t think we’ve ever mentioned the checking account. Always nice to see promotions targeted towards existing users, but this isn’t really actionable unless you’re an existing user as there is no guarantee you’ll see this offer again. As it’s for existing users, we won’t be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, furiouschads who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times