Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $275
- Availability: In branch, MD only [Branch Locations]. You also must work, belong to a community organization, or worship within 20 miles of a branch
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $400+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Point Breeze Credit Union is offering a bonus of $275 when you open a new checking account with promo code CHECK21. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Open a checking account, get $50
- Direct Deposit at least $400 within 45 days, get $100
- Swipe your debit card 12 times within 45 days, get $100
- Sign up for eStatements within 45 days, get $25
The Fine Print
- Limited time offer available for new checking accounts only.
- Limit one account per member.
- Cannot be combined with other offers.
- Point Breeze Credit Union reserves the right to change or discontinue this offer at any time without notice.
- Bonus(es) will typically be deposited to your account within 60 days of account opening if the qualifications for that bonus are met:
- Must qualify for membership, open a share savings account and maintain a $5 share balance to join.
- Must also qualify for and open a checking account with no minimum balance required to receive the initial $50 bonus.
- See a representative for qualifications.
- Direct deposit of at least $400 per month is required within 45 days of account opening to receive an additional $100 bonus.
- Must complete a minimum of 12 debit card purchase transactions using your Point Breeze VISA® Check Card within 45 days of account opening to receive an additional $100 bonus. Both PIN and signature point-of-sale transactions qualify.
- Returns, refunds and ATM transactions do not qualify.
- Must enroll in eStatements within 45 days of account opening to receive an additional $25 bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They have free checking accounts with no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
Nice big bonus, unfortunately you need to open in branch. You should be able to ask if it’s a hard or soft pull before opening though.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times