Published on June 15th, 2017 | by William Charles1
[WY, CO] Fitzsimmons Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work, worship or attend school in Aurora, Watkins, Bennett, Strasburg or eastern Centennial
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Fitzsimmons is offering a $100 bonus when you bring the linked ad in to a branch, open a new checking account with a debit card and complete the following:
- Combined monthly direct deposit of $500 or more for (6) six months or at least one transaction of $600 or more must be made out of the new checking account per month
The Fine Print
- To receive offer, open a checking account with a debit card and bring this ad with you.
- Checking account must have a total combined monthly direct deposit of $500 or more for (6) six months or at least one transaction of $600 or more must be made out of the new checking account per month.
- Checking account must be active with debit or ATM card transactions.
- $100 will only be rewarded after the first direct deposit or $600 transaction occurs.
- Requirements must be met within 60 days of account opening.
- When all requirements are met, $100 gift will be deposited into your checking account.
- $100 is considered a bonus and may be reported on IRS Form1099.
- Estimated value of bonus is $100.
- Fitzsimons Credit Union reserves the right to reclaim bonus if the checking account closes prior to six (6) months from opening.
- New member must not have had a previous relationship with Fitzsimons Credit Union to receive offer.
- Offer can be modified or substituted at any time without notice.
- To become a member-partner at Fitzsimons Credit Union you must meet at least one of the following criteria: live, work, worship or attend school in Aurora, Watkins, Bennett, Strasburg or eastern Centennial; be active or retired military; be a family member of those who meet the above criteria; or you or a family member work for any of our Select Employer Groups (SEGs). A minimum opening share (savings) deposit of $5 is required.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees. You do need to keep the account open for six months otherwise you will forfeit the bonus.
Looks like you have to meet the requirements for six months, at least you can just move out $600 per month to meet the bonus requirements. If it’s soft pull and you live near a branch this might be worth going for. As always please share your datapoints in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications