This deal has expired, you can view more bank bonuses here. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter so you don’t miss out on other deals in the future.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: MD & PA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+ for $75 bonus
- Additional requirements: One Visa check card transaction of $50+ for $75 bonus
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $100, 90 days
- Expiration date: None mentioned
- Household limit: None mentioned
- People’s Bank are offering a bonus of up to $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements within 45 days of account opening:
- $75 for establishing a direct deposit with a minimum monthly deposit of at least $200
- $75 for completing a PeoplesBank Visa check card signature-based transaction of $50 or more
The Fine Print
- Bonus will be paid as a statement credit after the 45 day period and may take up to two statement cycles to appear
- Offer valid for new clients only and not available to existing clients
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees, according to the fine print they do charge an early account termination fee this fee is $100 if closed within 90 days.
They have offered a bonus of $150 in the past but it also required a bill pay, so this bonus is slightly better. We will be adding this to our list of the best checking sign up bonuses due to the fact it’s a soft pull, the requirements are relatively easy to meet and also the fact there are no monthly fees to worry about.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
This bonus is active again. $150 bonus for only a $200 DD.
Whoops, never mind. Just went to try to use the code and it says it’s either invalid or expired. Weird that the link still works and shows $150 bonus information and doesn’t say anything about expiration date from what I can see. Oh well.
3/23 PNC ACH 3/23
3/24 Bonus Posted
Off to complete the debit transaction now
I pushed 200.01 from pnc to peoples. I also did 200.01 from ally bank and 200.01 from my payroll. People seemed to have received their bonus in a day. It has been 1-2 week since the transfer went through for me. Anyone know why?
Also anyone found any luck with the debit card bonus yet?
No idea on the transfer. The debit bonus posted the day after purchase.
Where and what did you purchase for the debit bonus to trigger?
Walmart motor oil and other random stuff. Shouldn’t matter as long as you run it as credit and sign versus putting in pin.
03/15/2017 ALLY BANK/P2P
3/16/2017 Bonus posted
Did you get the bonus for using the debit card for 1 transaction yet?
I was going to make the purchase later tonight. I’ll update this comment if/when the bonus posts and the timeframe.
The bonus did not post. I messaged the bank and was told that my amazon purchase did not qualify as it must be an in person transaction. Bummer of me, but hopefully someone will know this for People’s Bank in the future.
Link is dead.
Thanks, updated post.
The link takes me to a staff login page. Is there a new link?
Not that I could find, updated post.
dp: barclays saving $200 posted on 2/15 and $75 bonus posted after 3 business days.
$50 debit card purchase has not done yet but should not be a problem! Thanks DOC!
What’s a check card transaction? Is that with a debit card?
Yes, same thing.
Can this be opened online or is it only at a branch?
Not sure, anybody know?
I went through opening an account online tonight and it looks to be working fine. I’m in Maryland not too near a branch. It does ask for zip code before applying.
No credit card funding offered.
$100 fee for closing within 90 days