Published on February 9th, 2017 | by William Charles25
[Expired] [MD & PA] PeoplesBank $150 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: MD & PA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+ for $75 bonus
- Additional requirements: One Visa check card transaction of $50+ for $75 bonus
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $100, 90 days
- Expiration date: None mentioned
- Household limit: None mentioned
- People’s Bank are offering a bonus of up to $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements within 45 days of account opening:
- $75 for establishing a direct deposit with a minimum monthly deposit of at least $200
- $75 for completing a PeoplesBank Visa check card signature-based transaction of $50 or more
The Fine Print
- Bonus will be paid as a statement credit after the 45 day period and may take up to two statement cycles to appear
- Offer valid for new clients only and not available to existing clients
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees, according to the fine print they do charge an early account termination fee this fee is $100 if closed within 90 days.
They have offered a bonus of $150 in the past but it also required a bill pay, so this bonus is slightly better. We will be adding this to our list of the best checking sign up bonuses due to the fact it’s a soft pull, the requirements are relatively easy to meet and also the fact there are no monthly fees to worry about.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications