Published on February 15th, 2016 | by William Charles27
[Expired] [MD & PA] PeoplesBank $150 Checking Bonus
This bonus has expired, but they have a new one found here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: MD & PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements: One bill pay and one check card transactions of $50+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $100, 90 days
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a sign up bonus of up to $150 when you open a new PeoplesBank checking account, bonus broken down as follows:
- $50 for establishing a direct deposit of at least $200
- $50 for paying at least one bill with PeoplesBank’s online bill payment service
- $50 for conducting a PeoplesBank Visa check card signature based transaction of at least $50
The Fine Print
- Bonus may take up to two statement cycle after the requirements are met
- Requirements must be completed within 45 days of account opening
- Offer valid for new accounts only
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees, according to the fine print they do charge an early account termination fee but we don’t know what it is. Since there is no monthly fee you might as well keep it open for at least six months.
As long as this is a soft pull to open, it should be a good deal due to no fees and the fact that you can get $100 of the bonus without a direct deposit. We haven’t added it to our list of the best bank bonuses, but we will do if we can get some more personal experiences in the the comments.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank