Published on December 8th, 2018 | by William Charles12
[IN & In Branch only] Star Financial Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Update 12/08/18: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2018. Hat tip to DDG
Bonus is back and available for 2018, this time it’s not available online. Hat tip to reader tinyhedgefund.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in IN [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes $500+ per month
- Additional requirements: eStatements & 5 debit card transactions per month
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Must be kept open for 120 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
July 31st, 2017 September 30th, 2018 October 31st, 2018 November 30th,2018December 31st, 2018.
- Star Financial Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you complete the following:
- Open a new checking account in branch with coupon (you e-mail yourself the coupon from the landing page)
- Monthly direct deposit of $500 or more
- Sign up and receive e-statements
- Make five (5) debit card transactions monthly
The Fine Print
- Bonus/Account Information: New checking customers only.
- $50 minimum deposit to open a checking account.
- Account must remain open and in good standing for 120 days
- Bonus will be deposited to the account at the end of 120 days if the following conditions are met: monthly direct deposit of at least $500, e-statements, and at least five (5) debit card transactions.
- Consumer accounts only. Employees of STAR Financial Bank are not eligible.
- Only one offer per household.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Expires 9/30/18.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
E-Checking account has no monthly fees to worry about. You do need to keep the account open for 120 days to receive the bonus.
It’s annoying that you need to meet the requirements each month to be eligible for the bonus, there is also some non transferable language in the fine print but I don’t think that means it’s targeted. If anybody signs up for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below. I will add it to the best checking bonus page, even though they had the online offer previously it seems like the bonus only comes around once a year so probably not worth waiting.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications