Published on November 11th, 2018 | by William Charles67
[Expired] [VA only] Dollar Bank $200 Checking Bonus
This offer has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Update 11/11/2018: Deal is back in VA. Hat tip to reader Brian.
Currently only available in VA.
Deal is back for 2018. This time around it’s a $100 rebate the first year and then $100 credit. Previously it has been $150/$50. Hat tip to reader Joe W
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Dollar Bank serves areas surrounding southwestern Pennsylvania and northeast Ohio (may have to be within 100 miles of branch)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Keep account open for one year
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $5, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Need to keep account open for one year to get full bonus, but $25/180 EATF otherwise.
- Household Limit: One
- Expiration date:
October 1st, 2016 March 4th, 2017 September 30th, 2017 March 3rd, 2018 September 29th, 2018 (OH & PA), October 31st, 2018 (VA)November 30th, 2018
- Receive a sign up bonus of $200 (one $100 Mastercard rebate and one $100 credit) when you open an Everything Checking or No Overdraft checking account with Dollar Bank and complete the following requirements:
- Receive cumulative direct deposits of $500 or more within first 60 days of account opening to receive $100 Rebate on Mastercard debit card
- $100 credit will be applied to account within two months of the 1 year anniversary, account must have qualified for $100 rebate and be in good standing
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the $200 offer, an Everything Checking or No Overdraft Checking account must be opened by 3/3/18.
- Offer is for new checking customers only.
- Up to $200 is available in one $100 rebate and one $100 credit. To receive the $100 debit card rebate, the account must receive cumulative direct deposits of $500 or more within 90 days of account opening, and the account must be in good standing. $100 debit card rebate will be added to the new checking account within 14 days of the qualifying cumulative direct deposits; the rebate will be credited for Dollar Bank Debit Mastercard purchases made via signature (not PIN).
- The $100 credit will be applied within 2 months of the 1-year anniversary of account opening providing the account qualified for the debit card rebate, is active, in good standing and is in a qualifying plan.
- Maximum amount is $200 per account and one per household.
- Subject to 1099 tax reporting
Everything Checking Account $5 Monthly
The Everything checking account has a $5 monthly fee, it’s waived if either of the following conditions is met:
- Six transactions post to the account (ACH debits count, so you could pull money from this account to another bank)
- You have an average checking balance of $2,500 or more
No Overdraft Checking Account $5 Monthly
Can be reduced to $2 per month with a qualifying checking relationship
For every friend you refer you can earn a $25 bonus, person being referred also receives $25. According to this comment this offer is stackable with this $200 offer.
Previously they have offered a $150 checking bonus. Previously this deal was split so you’d get $150 now and then $50 in a years time, now it’s $100/$100 so that’s slightly worse. Still annoying to keep the account fee free for a year plus to get the full bonus. There are much better bonuses out there, but this one is still pretty good if you’re happy waiting a year to get the full bonus. If you do decide to sign up, please share your experiences in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Andrew who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank